Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is it possible to be contracting at 24 weeks?

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 15 Replies
I just had a sharp pain and it lasted about 10 seconds.
I also think she's head down. Is that possible too?
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Yes and yes. I didn't have any contractions early with my first, but my second, I had them through the last half of my pregnancy. They weren't doing anything but letting me knew they were there.
polkaspots
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM
It's probably not labor contractions fortunately, just Braxton hicks. Call your doc or midwife (or OD or whoever you see) if it continues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yuki_onna
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
It is possible the be having contractions. my aunt had contractions around that time and had her baby at 26 weeks I'd call your doctor if your having anymore pains.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Yes. But it was probably just a bump. If they keep happening time them like labor. How long and how far apart. If they become routine call your doctor. I'm only 19 weeks and the baby must have been laying funny yesterday or I was having some growing pains around my c-section scar or both. It really hurt but it wasn't anything routine or like labor. When in doubt call your doctor, that's what you pay them for.

KPJ
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I'm 26 weeks and getting Braxton Hicks contractions already... This is my 2nd pregnancy by the way.... My Braxton hicks started at 36 weeks in my first pregnancy.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Yes and yes, both are totally possible/fine. 

mem82
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM
This

Quoting Pandapanda:

Yes and yes, both are totally possible/fine. 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Yes and Yes, its common and normal!

My baby flips from breech to head down right now, and I have contractions multiple times a day. I will be 21 wks Thursday!

ittyprincess604
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM

agree with everyone else, both are totally possible! At this point that contractions are likely Braxton Hicks, but it could be possible they are real also. Just keep and eye on them and let your doc know if you are concerned. 

.stella.
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Yes and yes. A good friend of is currently admitted to l&d because she was contracting at 26 wks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN