Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnant and sick?

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 10 Replies

Have a runny nose , soar throat, sneezing, teary eyes, cold like feeling in chest , urge to cough, feeling like my heads going to explode, you know the usual. Is it affecting my baby? and what can i do? any home rememdies or anything not really wanting to use medicine concidering it never works anyway

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on May. 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM

it's not affecting your baby, just keep hydrated.

COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and, clear the sinuses, and it's delicious too!

mommytobee19
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Hmm ill try it thanks!

rwcw89
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM

although nasty but i have to agree, try garlic tea (maybe add lemon) boosts ur immune system. my friends swear by it, ive used it a couple times myself and it worked. feel better. 

mommytobee19
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM

okay thank you

brittany208
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

it wont hurt baby at all. you share antibodies. just get lots of sleep, stay hydrated, and feel better

ittyprincess604
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I agree with the above, rest and hydrate! Try some tea, I stayed sick the whole first trimester and drank more tea than I have in my life. Feel better soon!

mommytobee19
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

thanks to the last two posts :) im restin lots uggg i can tell shes feelin fine she preforming a circus in there lol

LilliesValley
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I've been sick twice during this pregnancy. The first was really bad during the first trimester so they couln't give me anything. It was a very long two weeks. the second was very mild but still horrible. It sounds like you could be having allergies though which can sometimes mimic cold symptoms. I know you don't want to take meds but some are usually approved for allergies. You could try a neti pot or something like it and just warm or cold liquids for your throat. Mlth you will just have to wait it out. It sucks.

mommytobee19
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM

sorry to hear that, hope it worked out for you, congrats by the way ill try some allowed allergy stuff and i dont really like tea but im gonna try the garlic tea with the honey and cinnamon remedy thanks for every1s help

livingrlovesong
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I ended up going to the Dr and was given a zpak because of my sinus trouble. It helped a ton! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)