Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hip Pain? Please Help!

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I will be 32 weeks tomorrow. The last few days I have been having a lot of hip pain, back pain, and lower stomach pain. The worst is the hip pain. I obviously can't sleep on my back any more, and sleeping on my side makes my hip hurt so bad that I am up every two hours. It hurts from the top of my hip down through my knees.
I'm trying not to be a wimp, but it is bad enough that I am being woken up by it. Then I cry as I try to move to my other side. Then as I move I get this pain through my back and lower belly.
I have a doctors appointment on Thursday, and plan to ask about it. But does anyone know what this is? Or how I can make it stop? I would appreciate any help I can get. I don't want to deal with this for another 8 weeks...

by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carinsmommy
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM

BUMP!

carinsmommy
by on May. 26, 2013 at 5:45 PM

anyone?

Heather2001
by Heather on May. 27, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Try a chiropractor - you're probably out of alignment.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM
For me I have those symptoms when my baby drops but no lower belly pain. I'm glad you only have a couple days until you see your doctor.

kfrog13
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I agree about seeing a chiropractor. Also do you have a body pillow or some pillows you can put between your knees? That should help with some of the hip pain.  Oh and try to keep your knees together and level with each other while you roll over or get up.  That should help as well.

MammaKoi
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Do you use a pillow in between your knees? I'm 28wks and I hate my bed cause if i had better support I would not hurt as much but the pillow helps some. I have 12wks to go and its gonna kill me. 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Chiropractor, pillow between your knees, sitting on a birthing/yoga ball more, your chiropractor can also so you and your hubby or SO what you can do to help too.

Emilytrademark
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Do LOTS of pelvic tilts

BabyFruit Ticker
carinsmommy
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I do sleep with a pillow between my knees. I would like to see chiropractor, but I am going to wait until my appointment on Thursday before I decide to do this. This is my third pregnancy and I have heard that each pregnancy becomes more difficult than the last. Has anyone else heard this?

dababiesdreams
by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM
On the body it does seem to get more difficult. I am on pregnancy #6; baby #5. I sit on my birthing ball and do pelvic rotations for my hip and back pain. It can help the lower belly too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)