Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Favorite mom invention and/or gadget EDIT

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
  • 20 Replies

What's your favorite mom invention and/or gadget? I have several things I just can't live without, I don't know how people survived without them. Here they are:

Mommy hook

Travel Boppy

and drum roll please...

the binki clip!!! Absolutely necessary.

I don't know if any of these were invented by a mom, but thank you, whoever you are lol

EDIT: I've addded my Medela double electric breast pump and moby wrap to my list. :-) Thanks ladies.

by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM

whats the mommy hook? to hang your purse in the bathroom to keep it off the floor? I've never used that or a boppy. binki clips are nice though. and right now I am loving how pampers swaddlers have that little line to show if baby is wet or not. Though yesterday, baby leaked right out the side all over his clothes twice and missed the line completely....

bad_mama2011
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Yeah, that's happened to us a couple times lol! The mommy hook is a hook to hang your purse or diaper bag to the stroller, so I suppose it can keep it off the bathroom floor if you take your stroller in with you.
I hate it when a stall doesn't have a hook, 3/4 of the front bathroom stall doors at our Wal-Mart don't have one! What the heck are people hanging on them that's heavy enough to break them off?!
By the way, if you're breast feeding, travel boppys are a godsend!

Quoting brittany208:whats the mommy hook? to hang your purse in the bathroom to keep it off the floor? I've never used that or a boppy. binki clips are nice though. and right now I am loving how pampers swaddlers have that little line to show if baby is wet or not. Though yesterday, baby leaked right out the side all over his clothes twice and missed the line completely....
brittany208
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM

gotcha. i actually dont carry a purse (though I will have a diaper bag soon). and ive never used a boppy at all. and i breastfed my first for a year...

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Yeah, that's happened to us a couple times lol! The mommy hook is a hook to hang your purse or diaper bag to the stroller, so I suppose it can keep it off the bathroom floor if you take your stroller in with you.
I hate it when a stall doesn't have a hook, 3/4 of the front bathroom stall doors at our Wal-Mart don't have one! What the heck are people hanging on them that's heavy enough to break them off?!

Quoting brittany208:whats the mommy hook? to hang your purse in the bathroom to keep it off the floor? I've never used that or a boppy. binki clips are nice though. and right now I am loving how pampers swaddlers have that little line to show if baby is wet or not. Though yesterday, baby leaked right out the side all over his clothes twice and missed the line completely....

yummypeaches
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I LOVE my boppy pillow! And I also really like those little mesh bags with the handles that you can put food into. I put frozen fruit in it and it worked wonders when my youngest was teething.

mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Ergo baby carrier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bad_mama2011
by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM
It's just so much easier and more comfortable in my opinion to use a boppy when breastfeeding. I used to think stuff like that was a luxery (it kind of is), but I didn't work (went back to school) and didn't have money for stuff like that when I had my first son.

Quoting brittany208:

gotcha. i actually dont carry a purse (though I will have a diaper bag soon). and ive never used a boppy at all. and i breastfed my first for a year...

Quoting bad_mama2011:

bad_mama2011
by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a moby wrap, I forgot to put that on the list!

Quoting mommy2casidee:

Ergo baby carrier

brittany208
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM

yeah, im home too. so i just lay on my side on the couch, or prop a pillow under my elbow

Quoting bad_mama2011:

It's just so much easier and more comfortable in my opinion to use a boppy when breastfeeding. I used to think stuff like that was a luxery (it kind of is), but I didn't work (went back to school) and didn't have money for stuff like that when I had my first son.

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting bad_mama2011:

SkylarBeth
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Battery powered bogger sucker from graco. I also love my boppy
polkaspots
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I haven't used any of those. I keep my bag under the stroller or on me. I have a hook thingy to keep my bag off the floor, but it goes on a table. Like at a restaurant. I bought a travel boppy thinking the extra cuddle would keep my son from deign distracted while nip, but it didn't help. Both kids took a pacifier at some point, but we never used clips. They just went in my pocket while we were walking or if they threw it. My favorite thing is adjustable strap tank tops. I never liked them before I start breastfeeding, I preferred normal tanks. But it's so easy to just tighten the strap back up after nursing instead of stretching out all of my necklines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)