Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby's birth marks?

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 16 Replies

Anyone have kids with birth marks? Where were your kiddos marks? Where they in a particular shape?

I joke with Hubby that if this baby doesn't come out with a birth mark on the back of the head or neck then this baby belongs to the mail man. OBVIOUSLY we don't roll like that LOL, so it wouldn't be the case. But all three of my kiddos have a red birth mark on the back of their neck and head. Its pretty neat, and by the third it was like the first thing I checked for. Hubby said "yeap this ones mine" So I totally expect this one to bare the mark. My daughter actually has another mark on her that the boys don't however. Its a large brown birth mark that covers half of her pelvis and hip. I told Hubby its pretty cool, I can see her showing it off as a teen LOL (His response "over my dead body") but its a pretty neat mark. So anyway do any of your kids have birth marks? Any similar on each of them?

by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

All my girls have a brown birth mark on there leg like me.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Isnt that super cool!!! I suspect that it was Hubby who has the mark on him, because I dont remember my Mom mentioning one there on me. I had one on my back which you can no longer see, and I have a train on my knee that is little!

Quoting Raeann11:

mrspreggers14
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Neither of mine do so far which is wierd to me because I have several. Maybe this baby will be more like mommy and have one or two.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM

It is, hubby always says he is happy to see our girls never had one like he does on the back of his head.

Quoting NoraDun:

Isnt that super cool!!! I suspect that it was Hubby who has the mark on him, because I dont remember my Mom mentioning one there on me. I had one on my back which you can no longer see, and I have a train on my knee that is little!

Quoting Raeann11:

mychinababy
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

All three of mine have a birthmark on their left hip or buttock. 

That is pretty neat!

brittany208
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM

my first has a little strawberry shaped birthmark on his upper thigh. this baby--havent seen one yet. though we havent inspected him head to toe yet, he's only a couple days old and doesnt like to be chilly :)

NoraDun
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know you delivered. Congrats!

Quoting brittany208:

my first has a little strawberry shaped birthmark on his upper thigh. this baby--havent seen one yet. though we havent inspected him head to toe yet, he's only a couple days old and doesnt like to be chilly :)

brittany208
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM

thanks. Deacon was born Friday night at 8:19pm.  9lb 9oz. I was 40w6d so timing was perfect. Labor and delivery were great.

I started having irregular contractions around 9am Friday morning and thought "might be today or tomorrow!" Drs appt at 2pm--I was 5cm dilated. Went home to relax. my 4yo son took a nap and I just laid around. Contractions got regular around 4 and went pretty quickly from 11min apart, to 6 min apart, to 3 min apart. We meant to head out at 5min, but they just jumped so fast! And i still felt good and could breathe and walk through them just fine. We dropped DS off at grandmas, I was telling DH "slow down! I'm fine!". I opted to walk in the hospital instead of being dropped off bc I was fine.

...then they checked me in and I was already 9cm!! lol. It was only 2 hours from check in to baby and it seemed faster than that!

i had been worried that DH would freak out (dont know if you ever saw the big post I made about that), but he was PERFECT. sooo supportive, said all the right things, completely calm, trusted me that I could do it without drugs. I was also worried about the dr letting me labor in a position of my choosing, but he was great too. Actually made me get up in a more birth friendly position than I was laying in, didnt push any interventions at all, was very calm also.

the only intervention they did was to  break my water. only bc i was 9.5cm and NEEDING to push and they said maybe breaking my water would put that little extra pressure to finish dilating me. and that sounded like a pretty good idea. but no pain meds at all! woo hoo!

here's some pics:

Quoting NoraDun:

I didn't know you delivered. Congrats!

Quoting brittany208:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Neither of my kids have them, but I have one on my right arm that's been there since birth. Depending on the angle, it looks like a pirate sword or a motorboat. LOL

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM

My oldest has 3 spots that are darker than his skin, one on the front of each thigh and one on the back of one thigh, and one spot lighter than the rest of him right below his hip bone.

My youngest has a red mark on her butt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)