Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Red raspberry leaf tea experience anyone...?

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am 36w+1d today and yesterday I started drinking red raspberry leaf tea and will continue to do so until I give birth. I am drinking the recommended 3 cups a day. I heard it helps strengthen/tone the uterus for delivery, can make labor easier & shorter and reduces postpartum pains and bleeding. Either way it is naturally high in magnesium, potassium, iron, b-vitamins and vitamin C and I love the taste so I figure it can't hurt. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience drinking it during pregnancy for this purpose and whether or not it helped during labor/delivery/postpartum.

by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ERMDK
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I drank it last time, and plan to start again when I hit 36 weeks on Thursday (or whenever I remember to buy some.) Whatever the reason, I think I had a reasonably easy labor, delivery and recovery last time, so I'm trying to do things the same way, as much as I can.
annhart19
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I was suggested to start drinking it to start labor. I'm 39wks 3days and so far have not had any results. But it tastes good. So might as well drink it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kman88
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Let me know how it works for you! I'm pregnant with my first baby and am all for doing whatever I can to make labor easier/shorter. 

lucyblue202
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I was told it will only be successful in starting labor if you are ready. Maybe you will have more luck in the next few days!

Quoting annhart19:

Well I was suggested to start drinking it to start labor. I'm 39wks 3days and so far have not had any results. But it tastes good. So might as well drink it lol

lucyblue202
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Will do! Yeah me too which is why I'd figure it was worth a try. We will see soon enough I guess.

Quoting kman88:

Let me know how it works for you! I'm pregnant with my first baby and am all for doing whatever I can to make labor easier/shorter. 

annhart19
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Hopefully. We have tried sex and walking too. I guess she's just not ready!! But this momma is very impatient lol.

Quoting lucyblue202:

I was told it will only be successful in starting labor if you are ready. Maybe you will have more luck in the next few days!

Quoting annhart19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucyblue202
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Well hopefully she decides to come soon! I hear ya...I am 36 weeks and already impatient lol.

Quoting annhart19:

Hopefully. We have tried sex and walking too. I guess she's just not ready!! But this momma is very impatient lol.

Quoting lucyblue202:

Quoting annhart19:

ConcernedCousin
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM

i used it with my second child. i put three tea bags in with lots of sugar cause it's foul tasting and drank 3-4 16 oz bottles of it a day for a week. it put me in labor mostly due to the incredible amount of diarehha it gave me. sorry tmi

WowIllbeamom11
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I fully believe I was able to push dd out in 20 minutes because of RRL tea
sheli.bean
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM
It didn't do much for me unfortunately. I was induced at 41 wks 2 days, labored for 37 hours, and pushed for almost an hour. I'm still planning on drinking it this time too though, even if it's not gonna help, it's not gonna hurt, right? Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN