Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Induction mammas come here..!

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so I am getting induced a week from today due to medical reasons, and I am so nervous! Tell me about your experances! My doctors choice of induction is pitocin.. This is obviously my first pregnancy. : ) 

Thanks ladies!!

by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlexisKayStone
by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM

BUMP!

Larsbug
by Laura on May. 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM

my experience is my epidural didn't take and when my induction failed and I needed an emergency c-section they had to put me under general anesthesia and I don't remember the first couple days DS1 was born.

hplesha
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I had to get cervidil first to soften and thin out my cervix. It sits on your cervix for 12 hours. I made them take it out after 3 because it was making me contract hard. I'm talking two on top of one.. they gave me nubain to make me not hurt anymore. I couldn't sit, stand, walk, talk, anything. Nubain.. is seriously the shit. I didn't feel anything. I could walk, eat, pee, everything. The nurse kept asking me if i felt anything because my monitor thing, was going crazy. Nope. The next morning, i was dialated to 3. I ate breakfast, took a shower.. walked around the halls once, then got my water broke at 5cm. I walked around once more and that was it. I started dripping blood. Not a lot, but enough to make me nervous lol. I got the epidural and relaxed for maybe 30mins. I was also put on pitocin to regulate my contractions. Then labor had started. Looking back, if i could of had just the nubain instead of any other drug for pain, i would. The epidural didn't do much for me as well as that stuff did. It's only part morphine anyway mixed with another drug. Sometimes fentynol. If i do have any more kids, i will be asking them if i can have just the nubain.
AlexisKayStone
by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM

How is the Nubian done? Is it through IV? When I went for my hosp tour the L&D head nurse said there were 2 options for IV meds. And the epi, my doc won't use anything other then pit for induction. 

Quoting hplesha:

I had to get cervidil first to soften and thin out my cervix. It sits on your cervix for 12 hours. I made them take it out after 3 because it was making me contract hard. I'm talking two on top of one.. they gave me nubain to make me not hurt anymore. I couldn't sit, stand, walk, talk, anything. Nubain.. is seriously the shit. I didn't feel anything. I could walk, eat, pee, everything. The nurse kept asking me if i felt anything because my monitor thing, was going crazy. Nope. The next morning, i was dialated to 3. I ate breakfast, took a shower.. walked around the halls once, then got my water broke at 5cm. I walked around once more and that was it. I started dripping blood. Not a lot, but enough to make me nervous lol. I got the epidural and relaxed for maybe 30mins. I was also put on pitocin to regulate my contractions. Then labor had started. Looking back, if i could of had just the nubain instead of any other drug for pain, i would. The epidural didn't do much for me as well as that stuff did. It's only part morphine anyway mixed with another drug. Sometimes fentynol. If i do have any more kids, i will be asking them if i can have just the nubain.

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM
My #3 was an induction. I went in and got the got the cervadil over night and slept. In the morning around 730 i was started on pitocin. Contractions started to become regular around 1030am. I got in the tub around 1230pm and stayed there until it was time to push. I delivered at 3:28pm after 2-3 pushes. She was perfect!! Labor wasn't worse than natural labor but i sure don't like being hooked up to everything!

My 4th was also induced. I went in and had the cervadil placed at 8am and hung out in bed. No ivs/pitocin etc just the cervadil. Around 430pm contractions started but were very mild. Around 6pm things flipped into high gear and started happening fast! I delivered at 8:05pm. This labor was amazing! I didn't get poked or prodded with needles and continuous monitoring. No pain meds!

My 5th was also an induction but it was under very unfortunate circumstances so i don't really remember many details.
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I was induced with #2&3. Only used pitocin and my experiences were great. Epidurals wereg great, too. 1st one took hrs, 2nd one took 4hrs.
brittany208
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I was induced with my first for no other reason than dr was nervous because baby was a week late.

I showed up in the hospital at 830 am. They hooked me up to the monitors and said I was already having contractions 5 min apart lasting one min long. I had been dilated 4cm for a couple weeks. Induction goes much more smoothly if your body is at least close to ready. i think if I had known i could wait and not be induced, baby would have come out on his own in the next couple days.

They broke my water first. Then gave me pitocin. Pitocin often gives you really strong contractions that make you much more likely to need an epidural, but i have abnormal easy labors so it was okay for me. I labored in a birth tub for awhile. took nubain to "take the edge off" and it completely knocked me out so i slept for two hours. woke up when it was time to push. pushed for 45 min.

baby came out completely blue and not breathing. his initial apgar score was 2. they were going to take him to the NICU, but there was a little delay in the transporter cart thing for baby, which gave him just enough time to pink up and not have to go. dr said that just happens sometimes for no reason. I dont know that it wasnt because of the drugs....

luvmemissme78
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM

with my first i had my cervix soften and pitocin and nothing happend.. so i had a c-sec...

CafeMom Tickers
connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I was induced with number one due to pre e. it was great. They broke my water and gave me pitocen at 12 pm. He was in my arms be 9:04 pm. He was my easiest labor. 

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I was induced with my first simply because I was overdue. It was a disaster, and I ended up having a c-section.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)