Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helppp!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 11 Replies
Well I just found out I'm pregnant which was yesterday! But now I have a horrible headache ON TOP of a yeast infection. I was wondering if anyone know something safe I can take for both? I have monistat but scared to take it
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on May. 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM

You can take Tylenol for your headache and for yeast infections I always see my OB first.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Bump
butterbean491
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:15 AM
This is what my Dr told me. Tylenol is safe. He said to only use monistat for yeast. My family dr wanted to give me diflucan (the pill for yeast). Come to find out it is not safe. Of course, if you are unsure, contact your dr. Even if you haven't set up appt yet, you can call and explain that you just found out and are having these symptoms and they can point you in right direction.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

For the headache tylenol, for the yeast infection probiotics. If your prone to infections take them the entire pregnancy! Very beneficial. The probiotics will not take away symptoms as quickly as a yeast infection med would, so I would call your Dr about something to ease symptoms!

kstorm234
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Take tylenol for the headache and the monistat is fine to take. My ob perscrbed it to me when I had a yeast infection during my first pregnancy. 

amberleh
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Tylenol for the headache, and monistat for the yeast infection is fine, they just prefer you to do the 3 or 5 day one instead of the one day treatment. Congrats!

Clemency3
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I would call your doctor to ask what is safe to take. for a Headache..tylenol. yeast infection go for yogurt in the mean time. 

CafeMom Tickers
Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 29, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Feel better!

stargaze281
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Eat alot of yogurt

TTC92
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Thank you all so much! Since I hadn't had an initial checkup but just went in to confirm the pregnancy they asked me to come in tomorrow! So hopefully til then I can tough it out but the Tylenol helped right away! Thanks ladies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)