Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reveal

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM
  • 5 Replies

So i go to find out what were having on June 26th and i'm so excited!!!!!!!! That night we're goin to have a reveal party to our family and we were going to have a cake with the color icing in the middle.  My boyfriend has a 5 year old and we are trying to decide if we should take him to the ultrasound with us so he can find out with us, but then we don't want him tellin anyone the rest of the day or come the party time. Any advice? good idea? bad idea?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
natural_s
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM

It depends on how well he understands. Some kids that young will understand if you tell that this is a secret so you can't tell anyone but others may not.

I think it would be cool to bring him and allow him to see the baby on the screen and you can  ask the tech to whisper it to you so that he does not over hear the gender and secret kept.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM

if we have another i want to a revel party but i dont want to know till the party because i would tell everyone. lol

mtanenbaum
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

haha we thought about not finding out and having the doc put it in an envelope and revealin it with everyone, but we figured it's "our" moment to find out the sex and have an intimate moment to ourselves. We find out at 830 in the morning and the reveal is at 7 that night, so i mean the secret isn't goin to be kept real long. lol.

MammaKoi
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Have him go but don't announce what it is right then so that way he doesn't ruien the surprise for any reason. I'm sure he'd love to see the baby! My oldest son will get to see his brother on June 26th for the first time threw ultrasound. 

kstorm234
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I'm planning on having a reveal party with this baby only I'm not even going to know the gender. I'm gonna have the ultrasound tech write it down then seal it in an envelope and take it to a bakery only I'm going to have them make the actual cake pink or blue. I can't decide if I'm actually going to have the party or not. After the actual reveal I can't really see the party being much fun, not really sure what we would do. Anyway, I wouldn't take the 5 year old since its highly likely he will tell. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)