Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question For Mom's Who Have Had Boys

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi my name is Lucy. I am 21 weeks pregnant with baby #2. My first baby is a girl and she is now 3. With my daughter she carried high and was never in my pelvis until she dropped. My son on the other hand it seems has been in my pelvis. Somedays I can't sit straight up or even bend over without hurting there or putting a lot of pressure there. You can actually feel him in my pelvis. Is this normal for a boy or do I need to make sure something isn't wrong?

Thank you for the advice.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichaelsMom0711
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I have 2 boys and 32 weeks pregnant right now with my 2nd. My first will be 2 in July right around my due date. I noticed that I am carrying a little bit lower and he seemed to drop sooner than my first a few weeks or maybe even a month ago, not really low but low enough to notice. I carried high until the very end with #1, both bellies look like basketballs under my shirt but this one just lower. My Dr said that its nothing to worry about and just because the muscles are not as tight this time since I have been pregnant before now but it doesnt mean he is coming early. I am still pretty comfortable though and just sometimes feel like i have to go to the bathroom and then dont even have to so thats probably him sitting on my bladder. I dont think it matters the sex of the baby but the fact that its ur 2nd might be why but always ask ur Dr if ur worried about something!

MammaKoi
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Both my boys have been low never high. This minion is low to the point if I have a BM and its excessive trying to I have tons of pressure down there. Sex is almost out of the question cause it hurts more now then ever before. Mind you I'm 28wks and your only 21wks. Do you know if he's head down? mine is and has been since 20wks so when he plays with his hands I feel it even when he puts his hands on his head or to the side. I would not stress to much but just make sure you don't contract and no pain down there, no mom likes preterm labor its a pain in the butt. 

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I'm pregnant with my third boy and they have all been low by the third trimester I feel like my hips are going to fall off.
mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I'm carrying my first soon also... He's so low and so much pressure... I'm also 21 weeks... My doctor said as long as the cervix is high long and closed it is completely normal... But that's what my doc said for me,, ask your doc through that phone number they give for questions

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

brittany208
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM

gender has nothing to do with it. every pregnancy is different. some women carry high, some carry low. nothing to worry about.

(ive had two boys and they were right in the middle--not low or high)

mrs.gosnell
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:42 PM

my little man has been pretty low the whole time! im 34 weeks.

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM

It's normal. I'm on baby #3 and it'st he worst with this pregnancy than it ever was with my son or daughter.

CelestialSong
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

My daughter was always super low. Carrying high or low is both normal for both sexes. Baby's sex doesn't really have anything to do with how you carry or your belly shape or anything :)

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
My whole pregnancy with my son he was at my KNEES! I went with my husband to a race at 7 months and while walking around the pit area that nice a nurse stopped me and asked me why I was there when my baby had clearly dropped! She seemed shocked and apologized when I told her I was onl 7 months and the dang kid was just low! It was very normal for me.
MommyIsMyName.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I'm pregnant with my 3rd boy and I've carried them all low. I think it's normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)