Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are there any moms in here who have....

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 12 Replies
Gotten their tubes tied?
I got some info on it from my doctor last week... but I don't feel like its enough to go off of.
Id like to know if any moms have gotten it done and would like to hear personal experiences if possible.

We have decided we don't want anymore babies after what I just went through...

Sooooo let me hear it ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexislovesjr
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I would like to know the same... im nervous about it.

goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Lol me too.
I'm supposed to make up my mind by June 13th

Quoting alexislovesjr:

I would like to know the same... im nervous about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I hear about women who still get pregnant with thier tubes tied and all the complications they have. So I'm deciding to cut my tubes:)
goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Cut? explain. lol

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

I hear about women who still get pregnant with thier tubes tied and all the complications they have. So I'm deciding to cut my tubes:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaKoi
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I haven't but I am after I have this one. 7 pregnancies but only 3 children and I'm fine with 3 overall, that's all I've ever wanted. 

goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:32 PM
That's how we feel. we wanted 4 but after what just happened we're good with our 3 :)

Quoting MammaKoi:

I haven't but I am after I have this one. 7 pregnancies but only 3 children and I'm fine with 3 overall, that's all I've ever wanted. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I had a tubal January 2012. I was a nervous wreck..and for no reason because the procedure was quick, I was given pain meds to take home but never needed them. My periods are shorter. Cramps are worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaKoi
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I've always wanted 5 kids but I finally found the man of my life that completes me and we both agreed that 3 boys will be enough cause were looking at the long run of things. Were setting up retirement funds and college saving accounts. Nevermind to make sure they each have a beater car at 16-17 so they can do after school sports if they want. So much to look at and both of us are in school too so not only will be have loans from ourselfs but in about 14yrs we'll have to consider doing it for your first son and so on. 

What kind of info did you get about gettin gyour tubes tied? I'm opting out to do cut and burn so there is no risk of ever accidental later on. My mother had her's tied and she's been pregnant twice since she had my sister 22yrs ago. 

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

That's how we feel. we wanted 4 but after what just happened we're good with our 3 :)

Quoting MammaKoi:

EThompson
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I haven't had mine done but I have heard of lots of lady's getting pregnant after having it done. I have also heard of them who get pregnant after having them cut and tied. So I wont do it. I have decided to go with the implant in the arm it lasts up to 5yrs. and has a very high success rate at preventing pregnancy and once the 5yrs is up you can opp to get another or just have it taken out. I personally feel like that is a safer option. then getting your tubes cut and or tied because the amount of complications with pregnancy's after having your tubes cut or tied is high for you and the baby. 

Don't mean to scare anyone just my outlook on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)