Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wondering when to talk to the hospital about birth?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hey ladies! So i'm 7w1d and I was wondering if its the sooner the better to "preregister for birth"? Or should I wait until 1st trimester is over? Thanks girls! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM
At my doctor's office they schedule a appointment to pre-register 8 weeks before your due date

With my other two children the doctor's office did all the registration at 28 weeks I did nothing.
lovebugs_mom906
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM
When I had my first appointment, my OB office gave me the information to turn into the hospital, and say to have it in by mid-late 2nd trimester. I'm only 8 weeks, so I've got time :-)
mama2gg
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Most hosptial no longer pre register for birth its a simple 10min process when you come in in labor.

If you feel likw you NEED to for whatever reason then no need till well after 30 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
answeredprayer
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM

The 4 hospitals I delivered at all had me preregister in my 3rd trimester. My OBs always gave me paperwork to take to the hospital. I'm 28.5 weeks and haven't been told to go ahead and do so.

ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM
At my second appointment (9weeks) they gave me the paper work then to pre-register and hand in. I waited until my second trimester though. I guess it doesn't matter when you actually do it.
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM

My doctor has always brought it up at my 28week appointments

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I guess I never had to pre-register.  I would probably wait until closer to the birth.

brittany208
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

we did a tour of the hospital around 34 weeks i think? i dont think i would want to go later than that. but as for preregistering, the hospital said we could preregister at 36 weeks. Basically, i just called them and told them all my information (SS#, address, insurance) so they would have it all on file. Dr sent over my medical records around that time too.

brittany208
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM

but you dont want to be answering all those questions in labor when they could already have your information. I was annoyed bc I did preregister and they were still asking questions when i was busy having contractions.

Quoting mama2gg:

Most hosptial no longer pre register for birth its a simple 10min process when you come in in labor.

If you feel likw you NEED to for whatever reason then no need till well after 30 weeks

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 29, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Ask your doctor's office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)