Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired Of Ignorant People

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 23 Replies
Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I can't get pregnant. People are still finding out about my pregnancy and the saying I have heard the most is "But you're gay!" Seriously there is so much technology, and treatments that non gay people go through, but since I'm gay I guess I couldn't have came with a uterus and ovaries. Really getting tired of the ignorance. *Vent OVER* Sorry about this, I just needed to get it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Well, it's honestly surprising for a lot of people at first. If I had a lesbian friend who became pregnant, I'd react with the same "But, aren't you...?".

HerWife0421
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM
I understand that, but even after explaining it, its like there's no way you can have a baby without sex with a guy. Also its 2013 it shouldn't be a surprise anymore. I guess since I'm in the situation I'm more frustrated because its questions on top of questions since we've been trying and its the same people .

Quoting Pandapanda:

Well, it's honestly surprising for a lot of people at first. If I had a lesbian friend who became pregnant, I'd react with the same "But, aren't you...?".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HAHuskey
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I'd say the same thing and follow it with "what method did you choose?"

HerWife0421
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM
People don't ask the method I used , its seriously like I can't have kids and if I didn't sleep with a guy then there is no way I can get pregnant. Its just annoying, I guess I can't expect other people to understand other than gay people

Quoting HAHuskey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HAHuskey
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Oh, well that would be annoying... I guess, since I am straight, I ever thought that people would have to ask a woman how she conceived. That being said, it's really not their buisness. When I see gay chicks together and one is prego I assume sperm donor(like legit sperm donor through a cliic, not just fooling around with a guy and calling him that), don't know why, just do. Every woman should be able to have a baby naturally if she wants.

Quoting HerWife0421:

People don't ask the method I used , its seriously like I can't have kids and if I didn't sleep with a guy then there is no way I can get pregnant. Its just annoying, I guess I can't expect other people to understand other than gay people

Quoting HAHuskey:

HerWife0421
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Yea I don't mind telling them how I concieved but its the looks and the OMG I can't believe a gay person is pregnant lol. Idk I guess siince I've been going through this for a year now its getting tiring.

Quoting HAHuskey:

Oh, well that would be annoying... I guess, since I am straight, I ever thought that people would have to ask a woman how she conceived. That being said, it's really not their buisness. When I see gay chicks together and one is prego I assume sperm donor(like legit sperm donor through a cliic, not just fooling around with a guy and calling him that), don't know why, just do. Every woman should be able to have a baby naturally if she wants.

Quoting HerWife0421:

Quoting HAHuskey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheli.bean
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't blame you for being frustrated. It's not that weird to me... What, gay people can't have biological children? It's a silly assumption. I used to be really close friends with two women that are married and now have two biological children. You're right, it's 2013, there are TONS of ways to get pregnant without having a penis in, on, or around you lol. Congrats, by the way! :-)
KPJ
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM
This....
And seriously people... its 2013 and there are crazy people out there still thinking as if we were in the 1930s still.. Smdh
Congrats on your pregnancy, wishing you the best and just ignore the ignorants.... Lol

Quoting sheli.bean:

I don't blame you for being frustrated. It's not that weird to me... What, gay people can't have biological children? It's a silly assumption. I used to be really close friends with two women that are married and now have two biological children. You're right, it's 2013, there are TONS of ways to get pregnant without having a penis in, on, or around you lol. Congrats, by the way! :-)

tiffluv81
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM

smh that was really ignorant of them.... How is the baby doing anyhow.

nicole2884
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM

people are stupid , you just have to realize not everyone was raised with a open mind , me an my husband are sure to get a good amount of ignorance once our child is born, you would think with all the interacial couples it would not be so, but the world still has close minded people an always well sorry but true

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)