Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homebirthing Mommas, I am making a list...need your help!?!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so I am having this horrible nesting urge, but our bank keeps pushing back our closing date (was the 15th, then the 28th, now they say sometime next week) So meanwhile I decided I will come up with a list of everything I need between then homebirth kit, to a food list, etc. So can you help me out? (this may be long but I really will appreciate any suggestions made)

So my goal is to have everything baby ready before Sept 8th (35 wks 3 days) as that is when we leave on our beach trip, and I expect after that I will be in pre baby mode (contracting, focusing on mentally preparing, etc).

A few questions I know I have right off....What is included in your birthing kit?

If you have done this before is there anything you got extra that was helpful?

My midwife suggests having nutritious drinks and food for myself during labor but also snacks for the birthing team as a courtesy incase labor runs long. I dont expect to be in labor long (as my last was under 2 hrs, but just incase!

What are some nutritious drinks and food for both my team and myself that will be beneficial?

I don't expect anything will go wrong, but I know there is that risk, and I have heard of women planning homebirths packing a hospital bag.

Did you pack a hospital bag? If so what did it include?

Did you have an emergency care plan? If so what did it include?

Ok so here is the start to my lists. It will be long and indepth. Anything you felt that is needed and not included or not needed and included please share :)

Precious Arrows Birthing Kit

15 Underpad Basic Blue 23x36
2 Mesh Panty, One Size
4 Lubricating Jelly Packets, 3g
1 Perineal Bottle
6 Gauze, Sterile, 4x4, 2 per pkg
1 Economy Bulb Syringe, 2 oz.
6 Gloves Vinyl Powdered Single, Small
1 Cord Band
2 OB Pad Heavy
1 Soothing Afterbirth Sitz Bath by His Grace Herbals, 4 oz
1 Tenderfoot Infant Lancet
1 Infant Heel Warmer
1 Hyland's Arnica Montana, 30x
1 Motherwort Tincture 1 oz.

Waterbirth Add ons

1 Birthing Pool Liner, 1 Fish Net, A brand new hose, A faucet adapter, a non-breakable cup, an extra flannel tablecloth, 3-4 extra towels.

Additional Supplies

1 Box of  Emergen-C, 1 Small unopened bottle of olive oil, 6-8 freshly washed washcloths, 1 Mirror, 1 bowl for placenta, 2 Cotton baby caps, Outfit for baby, 1 flannel backed tablecloth, 2 one gal Ziploc bags, Additional Underpads, Extra sets of sheets, 1 bottle of huney, 1 Crock pot, 6 freshly washed towels, 2 hampers linned with trash bags, 2 bottles of hydrogen peroxide, 4-6 recieving blankets, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 extension cord, Tylenol or Motrin, 1 16oz bottle of liquid Chlorophyll, 1 dozen non-deodorized maxi or overnight pads, 1 cookie sheet

Baby Items (Placed by bed)

1 Pkg Sz NB diapers, 5 onesies, 2 Blankets, 2 Binkies, Boppy, Nipple Cream, 5 pairs Socks, 5 hats

Food and Drinks-For Mom

Drinks- Pineapple juice, White grape juice, Herbal Tea, Water bottles

Food- Pineapple, Grapes, Crackers, Popcycles, Yogurt

Food and Drinks- For Birth Team

Drinks- Water, Sweet Tea

Food- Fruit, Sandwich meats for sandwiches, Yogurt

by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Seems like you have a good list going!

I had a hospital water birth & really wanted something to hold onto while in the pool, since I felt annoyingly buoyant. Not quite sure what exactly that would be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aeroslove
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Seems good for you. Most of that stuff i wont be buying. but thats just me. I actually did my own Home birth kit on word pad. I have Birth pool, hose, adapters, pump, fish net, liner. Bowl for placenta, 3-5 days of pre cooked food in freezer. Crockpot ready for chickpea stew for me and midwives, coffee station or hot tea. Snacks for everyone, movies, crayons, coloring books for my 3 kids. Liner for under the pool, Liner for bed, cheap sheets for bed, cheap white towels and wash cloths, period pads, cotton boy shorts, chux pads, peri bottle, Hydrogen peroxide, babies first outfit, cloth diapers, cloth wipes, beanie, Evoo for not tearing. i mean i have a long list lol. I have to email it to you. oh for energy im buying honey sticks locally. No gatorade... Im also vegan but im using Honey. Red Raspberry tea leaf, Water, Lemon, Herbal tinctures (long list) for Exhaustion, Back Labor, to contract uterus to deliver placenta, 2 zip lock freezer bags for placenta. Will be keeping it.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea please feel free to send it :) I am doing the herbal tinctures now including RR leaf, Oatstraw, alfalfa, etc. I am hoping its really helpful post partum too. I was thinking about gatorade but decided the Emergen-C and water should be hydrating enough. I will also have stuff set up for my kiddos (I didn't add that) but I am thinking I will take them closer to sept to like the $1 and let them pic out some stuff. Then I will put it in a tote for them to pull out for the first time on delivery day. So then its all new stuff and they are less likely to get board.

Quoting aeroslove:

Seems good for you. Most of that stuff i wont be buying. but thats just me. I actually did my own Home birth kit on word pad. I have Birth pool, hose, adapters, pump, fish net, liner. Bowl for placenta, 3-5 days of pre cooked food in freezer. Crockpot ready for chickpea stew for me and midwives, coffee station or hot tea. Snacks for everyone, movies, crayons, coloring books for my 3 kids. Liner for under the pool, Liner for bed, cheap sheets for bed, cheap white towels and wash cloths, period pads, cotton boy shorts, chux pads, peri bottle, Hydrogen peroxide, babies first outfit, cloth diapers, cloth wipes, beanie, Evoo for not tearing. i mean i have a long list lol. I have to email it to you. oh for energy im buying honey sticks locally. No gatorade... Im also vegan but im using Honey. Red Raspberry tea leaf, Water, Lemon, Herbal tinctures (long list) for Exhaustion, Back Labor, to contract uterus to deliver placenta, 2 zip lock freezer bags for placenta. Will be keeping it.

aeroslove
by on May. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I need your personal email. They are on Word Pad. i cant attach it on cafemom messages.

I have Gmail. Go ahead and send me a private message me or add me on CM and give me ur email?

Quoting NoraDun:

Yea please feel free to send it :) I am doing the herbal tinctures now including RR leaf, Oatstraw, alfalfa, etc. I am hoping its really helpful post partum too. I was thinking about gatorade but decided the Emergen-C and water should be hydrating enough. I will also have stuff set up for my kiddos (I didn't add that) but I am thinking I will take them closer to sept to like the $1 and let them pic out some stuff. Then I will put it in a tote for them to pull out for the first time on delivery day. So then its all new stuff and they are less likely to get board.

Quoting aeroslove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)