Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soooo I failed my one hour glucose test

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Well the heading pretty much sums it up. 

Today I went in for the 3 hour tolerance test. After drinking the lovely drink I started to feel really hot and started sweating like crazy. I also became really nauseous. When it all passed about two hours later I almost fell asleep in the office. I couldn't keep my eyes open. 

Has this happened to anyone?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
butterbean491
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

With my 1st I had to go through the same thing. Yes it was horrible. I felt so sick from drinking that pure sugar. When my results came back from the 3 hr test it showed that everything was okay. So, don't panic. Dr. told me just to watch what I eat. With this pregnancy my first test came back good. Thank goodness, I really didn't want to drink that yuck again. 

kelly617
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Yep
With my first pregnancy I failed the 1hr by just a few points
So I took the 3hr and I felt like CRAP for the rest of the day...they let me lay in one of the rooms that wasn't being used because I could NOT keep my eyes open
I went home and basically slept for the rest of the day....I hate that test so much
But I did pass it

yperez0209
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Yes they also let me stay in an empty room when the sweat started dripping down my back.

When I got home I wanted to do the same thing but my husband wasn't being so cooperative about helping me the kids. He has no idea how terrible I was feeling after that test. I'll let it pass. 

That happened to me too, I had to fight keeping my eyes open. 

Quoting kelly617:

Yep
So I took the 3hr and I felt like CRAP for the rest of the day...they let me lay in one of the rooms that wasn't being used because I could NOT keep my eyes open
I went home and basically slept for the rest of the day....I hate that test so much
But I did pass it

kelly617
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I wish they could come up with a better way to test for diabetes than that
"Hey lets make you feel like you're dying for a day yaaaay"

Quoting yperez0209:

Yes they also let me stay in an empty room when the sweat started dripping down my back.

When I got home I wanted to do the same thing but my husband wasn't being so cooperative about helping me the kids. He has no idea how terrible I was feeling after that test. I'll let it pass. 

Quoting kelly617:

Yep
But I did pass it

BabyFetus Ticker

yperez0209
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM

lol

Quoting kelly617:

I wish they could come up with a better way to test for diabetes than that
"Hey lets make you feel like you're dying for a day yaaaay"

Quoting yperez0209:

Quoting kelly617:

Yep
But I did pass it

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I failed the first one but passed the second. Never felt sick or anything like that though. My Dr told me something like 80% of people who fail the first one past the second test.

H.Perales
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I got a headache with mine. After a couple hours it subsided. Took it last friday, but passed with flying colors thank god. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)