Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you hire a doula?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you hire a doula?

Options:

Yes! I plan to or have in the past

No.

I'm not sure.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

Would you hire a doula?

If not, what, if anything, could change your mind?

Would you be more likely to hire one if they were free? If they charged a reasonable amount, if your insurance would reimburse you for their fee?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I'm not sure.

I would need more info first.

I feel like I would be more inclined to use a doula if it was for sure covered by my insurance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1000% yes csection rates drop by 50% with one sadly I'm already a life csectioner before I had thr education I do now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradya
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I would love to hire on if i could afford it.
LiquidLuck
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Yup. Lucky for me I have my hubby and don't need to hire one.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
LizzieAnnesMom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM
No, i have no need for one.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I hired a doula for my last pregnancy and she was a life savor, ended up delivering my daughter when I unexpectedly only had an hr and 52 min labor. She was my on call person the entire pregnancy as well. I called her everytime I had a question or concerned!

I have her again this pregnancy, although I dont rely on her as severely during the pregnancy since I have a Midwife. But I still know she is gonna be a life savor during delivery! My Doula costs $500. But she takes payments, and works with you big time which is nice!

doulala
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, absolutely!
:-)

For me, I like them mostly for housework, childcare, and to give my husband breaks.

angela84
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this

My thought on hiring a doula is that I can't afford NOT to hire one :)

aeroslove
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Yes i was about too. I was going to hire her because i thought i was going to have a hospital birth. The hospital is supposed to Allow VBACS but the doctors there are not for it regardless. I wasnt going to go thru the stress. I finally found a wonderful Midwife that we can afford. We meet her Friday. The doula would of cost us $700, $250 deposit and $150 a month to pay off. But i dont need her, i have my husband and will have Midwife and her assistant there.

brittany208
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I would not. My DH is the only birth coach I need. I want him right by my side at all times and everyone else in the world to leave me alone and go away. just my personal preference. they are great for others, but not for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)