Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this normal?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm 37 weeks today and I started having some pretty strong contractions last night for about an hour starting around 11, but I was finally able to fall asleep. When I got up in the middle of the night a few times to go to the bathroom and take care of our son, I felt like I might throw up, I haven't felt like that since the first trinester.
Has anyone else felt like that before going into labor? I also had to pee every hour yesterday, but the baby dropped like 2 weeks ago.
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LoveOfWisdom
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I got that way with two of my pregnancies.  You may be in early labor or dehydrated (can cause nausea and contractions)

Wife, Mother of 3, Photographer, Student Birth & Postpartum Doula, Birth Advocate

bad_mama2011
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I drank a lot of water yesterday throughout the day because it was really hot, I think I had like 5 bottles besides other things I had to drink yesterday.

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

I got that way with two of my pregnancies.  You may be in early labor or dehydrated (can cause nausea and contractions)

LoveOfWisdom
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM

A full bladder can also cause contractions, so it's a double edge sword lol.  Drink a ton, keep the bladder empty, plus baby on your bladder... isn't pregnancy fun!

Quoting bad_mama2011:

I drank a lot of water yesterday throughout the day because it was really hot, I think I had like 5 bottles besides other things I had to drink yesterday.

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Wife, Mother of 3, Photographer, Student Birth & Postpartum Doula, Birth Advocate

bad_mama2011
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Like I said, I was going to the bathroom at least every hour.

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

A full bladder can also cause contractions, so it's a double edge sword lol.  Drink a ton, keep the bladder empty, plus baby on your bladder... isn't pregnancy fun!

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

It could be labor "signs", but it's pretty normal to feel that way at the end. I usually feel really energetic before labor.

bad_mama2011
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I've been cleaning the house top to bottom, it's kind of making my husband nuts lol

Quoting Pandapanda:

It could be labor "signs", but it's pretty normal to feel that way at the end. I usually feel really energetic before labor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)