Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Only 2 umbilical vessels?? Anyone ever dealt with this?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok. i am 22.5wks & The doc said he could only see 2 vessels on the umbilical cord. So he's sending me for a level 2 us. I've tried to look it up but we just moved, dont have wifi hooked up yet & my phone doesn't get good service. (Yet it does load for cm thankfully!!) anyways I had my sis look it up. She says there's nothin to worry about. Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with it & how it turnd out.?? Ty:)
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Koux
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I haven't, but a close friend of mine had that with her 3rd baby and he was perfectly fine. He's now a year old and perfect! :) I wouldn't worry about it. The level 2 ultrasound is just precautionary, to make sure nothing else is off.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:55 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bad_mama2011
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I've heard of it, but haven't dealt with it personally, and I think they just monitor you a little more closely.
Twisted_Halo
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM

my baby has this and my last ultrasound her growth was fine. Have to go back in three weeks for precaution. I'm 26 weeks by the way. 

cutiepie8611
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:46 PM
My first baby only had 2 vessels,she was fine I just had to get none stress test once a week at the end of my pregnancy....
TheyAreMyLoves
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I had a friend a few years back who had that.
She had to go to the doctor more frequently and be monitored closely but the baby was fine and is now a healthy 9 year old boy :)
lovinmy3girlies
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I'm glad she's doin well too! They said my baby boy was even a tad bit big so I guess that's even better given the situation. Thanks

Quoting Twisted_Halo:

my baby has this and my last ultrasound her growth was fine. Have to go back in three weeks for precaution. I'm 26 weeks by the way. 

Hafsa1
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM
a close friend is pregnant now, currently 37 weeks, and only has 2 vessels. She was so scared when she found out, and did a bunch of research which scared her even more. It could cause heart problems and/or low birth weight. Her docs have been monitoring it for months, and baby seems fine, except for that she is a little smaller thanher previous babies. I'm actually waiting to hear back from her because they may take the baby today... she's at the hospital now. Good luck.
Twisted_Halo
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Good to hear, my lil mama is said to be big as well.  

Quoting lovinmy3girlies:

I'm glad she's doin well too! They said my baby boy was even a tad bit big so I guess that's even better given the situation. Thanks

Quoting Twisted_Halo:

CrunchyBran
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

It can be indicitive of issues, but not always.  I have only attended one birth where there was a 2 vessel cord, and her baby had a serious heart defect.  Not trying to scare you, by any means, just sharing my experience with it.  I have encapsulated many placentas that had a 2 vessel cord and all of their babies were healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)