Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Prenatal vitamins

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 15 Replies
Ok so I am TTC. I took prenatal vitamins from day one and I was constantly sick. I had to force myself to eat. Also I constantly had diarrhea and constipation alternating. I skipped a couple days by accident and I feel so good I don't want to go back lol but I want my baby to be as healthy as possible. Also I have Endometriosis so I need to be as healthy as possible. Did anyone else have this problem? What did you do? Is just Folic acid enough?
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessymoka
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Try a more gentle brand, ex. Rainbow Lite.
They have high iron but also pro-biotics, ginger, etc. etc. and are food based and vegan friendly.
I switched to them and love them.
Check them out on amazon you can read the back of the label and others reviews.
Good luck!
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You could try a different brand or even gummies (that's what I take now). My first prenatals I took, I could barely swallow, and the taste was awful. I switched to the gummy version, and it's much better!
Asiamixedbaby
by Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Ask the doctor is all help, I got everything i need as dr. perscriped :)
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Also take them right before bed so any yuckiness you'd feel would be while you sleep. I've always had to do it that way. GL!!
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Take a flinstones vitamin instead.

jojo_star
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Try out different brands to find what works. Some women do have pretty bad side effects from prenatals. Try taking them with food, with water, or on an empty stomach, see what works best. 

WannaBeMom2013
by Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM

It sounds like it's just all of the vitamins! Were you eating with them? I use these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Prenatal-Multivitamin-Multimineral-Dietary-Supplement-240-Ct/10325013 I LOVE THEM! They work great, no need to eat them with food and it's once a day! Try those maybe!? Good luck (:

BabyFruit Ticker
CelestialSong
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I had to take gummy vitamins for a while with both of my pregnancies because I just couldn't stomach the pills.

polkaspots
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM
If you work a bit harder on eating well, you don't need the vitamins. A doctor might suggest folic acid, but if you're getting sick taking pills, just keep track of what you're eating. More vegetables and fruits and less junk. Women were having healthy babies for YEARS before they came out with prenatals. It's safer to eat well and not get sick from your vitamins than to take them and lose everything and risk dehydration because everything is just coming back out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoyaleMama
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Thanks ladies! I was taking the vitamins after eating right before bed and it still made me yucky. I am trying to eat right but like to cover all my bases especially since with my job it's tricky to get the good food lol but it's a working progress I just want to get it down before its a have to when the little one is on his way ^^ I am trying a different gummy brand that has lower iron starting today. Keep your fingers crossed lol thanks again!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)