Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When to announce pregnancy... need some help!!!

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
So we've are waiting to announce our pregnancy once we hit the ''clear zone''. But it falls around the time of our daughter's 4th birthday. All of our family will more than likely be there as they always are, and I was wondering what your thoughts are about announcing it at her party? She doesn't know yet either and we are waiting to tell her then as well. I was thinking of putting something (not sure if I'll do an ultrasound or what) and giving it to her as a gift and having everyone there to see. Good idea or bad?
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't do it personally... I don't think her birthday should be overshadowed by a pregnancy of a sibling. 

Lean more towards a bbq... or phone calls... etc. But try and keep it away from her special day. 

_kealoha
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 9:52 PM

i wouldn't. it should be a day for her, not a day you can use to announce your pregnancy because it will be convenient.

may be do something special with her and tell her first before the rest of your family.

jojo_star
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I wouldn't, she's old enough to notice that she doesn't have all the attention, and birthday's, in my opinion, should be about the birthday kid. Maybe after the party, that evening?

polkaspots
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I would wait until after the party, and I'd tell her first. She's immediate family, and you don't know how she's going to react.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I think that'd be an awesome idea!  A great birthday gift for her and surprise for everyone else! Maybe a "big sister" shirt?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)