Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6months pregnant and having stabbing pains

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

i really dont know what is going on and why I have these pains this is my third child so I'm not sure if its from stretching but earlier I was ruining around trying to get lunch ready for everyone and by the time I sat down I got really bad stabbing pains in my lower stomach and sides I had to lay down and relax and as soon as I did the baby went craxy jumping around in my tummy so idk if I should be worried since the baby seems fine or if I should call my doctor

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Sounds like round ligament pains?

mom31990
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM

what is that? it only happens when I do something that takes a lot of movement

Quoting NoraDun:

Sounds like round ligament pains?

ChessyLatta
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I'm 30 weeks, but earlier on till now I always pull my round ligament here & there. It can happen when you get up a certain way or turn a certain way, etc. it's basically straining or pulling a muscle. The first time it happened I got really scared and went to see my OB. He pressed on the side of my lower abdomen and the pain went shooting across my belly- that's how he knew that's what it was. But when in doubt, go in & get checked.
nicole2884
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I think it's just your body telling you to slow down but if they were consistent I'd track them

Probably just bh
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I'm also 6 months pregnant and when I'm running around I get stabbing pains in my sides also. I've noticed it's only when I over work myself. I'm pretty sure it's just round ligament pains
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)