Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Headache medicine that works

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ladies what medicine are you able to use to stop your migraines?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clemency3
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Tylenol. On a normal basis, when I am not pregnant, I would have to take something stronger than that in order to help a migraine or a headache. But thankfully pregnancy allows Tylenol to work for me. I do that and I get a cold wash cloth and put it on my forehead along with drinking cold water. All that in combination is what works for me. 

CafeMom Tickers
Jones3536
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I wish it worked for me but it does not. Thank you my doctor gave me fioricett I will 14 weeks tomorrow not sure if I wan to take it.

Quoting Clemency3:

Tylenol. On a normal basis, when I am not pregnant, I would have to take something stronger than that in order to help a migraine or a headache. But thankfully pregnancy allows Tylenol to work for me. I do that and I get a cold wash cloth and put it on my forehead along with drinking cold water. All that in combination is what works for me. 

Clemency3
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Yea, I just happened to luck out that Tylenol has been helping. I am always hesitant on prescriptions while pregnant. But I do google the prescription first and research as much as I can about it just to ensure myself that it is safe. My Doctor from my first pregnancy told me I could take allegra to help my allergies. but come to find that allegra has not officially been tested for pregnancy enough to make it safe. So what I would do is get the prescription but research it first to just double check. But if you are comfortable with your doc's words then by all means. I am not trying to scare you but am trying to give you a perspective. Good luck!

Quoting Jones3536:

I wish it worked for me but it does not. Thank you my doctor gave me fioricett I will 14 weeks tomorrow not sure if I wan to take it.

Quoting Clemency3:

CafeMom Tickers
Jones3536
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Not going to take it I just rock it out.

Quoting Clemency3:

Yea, I just happened to luck out that Tylenol has been helping. I am always hesitant on prescriptions while pregnant. But I do google the prescription first and research as much as I can about it just to ensure myself that it is safe. My Doctor from my first pregnancy told me I could take allegra to help my allergies. but come to find that allegra has not officially been tested for pregnancy enough to make it safe. So what I would do is get the prescription but research it first to just double check. But if you are comfortable with your doc's words then by all means. I am not trying to scare you but am trying to give you a perspective. Good luck!

Quoting Jones3536:

Quoting Clemency3:

gmoen1977
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I have used pepermint oil on my temples and forehead before pregnancy don't know if its safe during pregnancy yet.  thankfully i have ben headache free since getting pregnant.  might want to research it as an option.

lillucky8
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I just had to suffer w two extra strength tylenol, an ice pack on my neck, and a can of pepsi..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Chiropractor and massage if I need it. What my chiropractor had me do was write a journal about foods/drinks and when I had a headache and migraine. Found out to much caffeine does it for me. Which my Dr never had me do. They just handed me prescriptions that never helped.

ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually just stick with tylenol, and hot tea. It usually works. If the headache persists, warmer baths in low light help relieve alot of the pressure in my head. 

Mariah-1987
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a migrane for about 3 wks straight in the 1st tri. It was awful. I had my first doc appointment at 8 wks and he tond me to start taking magnesium and I am still taking and I haven't had a migrane since. I am now 30 wks.
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Tylenol with a cup of coffee. The caffeine increases its effectiveness.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)