Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

is Walmart a bad place to have a baby shower registry?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 31 Replies

I am putting together my registry for my baby shower next month. I have already done it for Target but I wanted to give people a choice of 2 places. With my dd I did 2 and saw most people only shopped from 2 of the 3 places.

Anyways, I was planning on doing target and BabysRus but dh told me that that would be too expensive for someone shopping (he wouldnt go there) and I should do Walmart and Target

I am only having 2 so what do you think, does dh make sense?

the reason I am even doing a registry this time is people are asking me and I have about 10 people out of state that are asking me too

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I am registered at Walmart. But the problem is a lot you need to buy online with Walmart.

My problem is the bouncers I want, are only at Walmart I believe. I haven't researched.

But so are the cars eats and cribs that I want.

But my whole thing about registries are people are gonna shop where they want too.
katielovesyou21
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldnt do babyrus either. but alot of peopel just buy whatever they want so dont be shocked

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I would do Walmart instead of Babies R us but depending on where you live at I would highly suggest Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory I find it to be very budget friendly like Walmart they even have 60 day layaway.
Clemency3
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I do Babys R Us and Walmart. I love walmart so I don't think that Walmart is a bad place for a registry. 

Clemency3
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Burlington Coat Factory. They have great baby stuff there. I just wish I had one near me..I miss it. 

Quoting DACIA79:

I would do Walmart instead of Babies R us but depending on where you live at I would highly suggest Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory I find it to be very budget friendly like Walmart they even have 60 day layaway.

CafeMom Tickers
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM

can I do a registry online for that

Quoting Clemency3:

I love Burlington Coat Factory. They have great baby stuff there. I just wish I had one near me..I miss it. 

Quoting DACIA79:

Merrick17
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Amazon is great and affordable too.
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Go where your friends and family shop. Mine don't like Walmart so i wouldn't go there myself.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I don't think it is a bad idea. Most of the people I know who ever bought me gifts got them at walmart. I have had 4 baby showers and 2 bridal showers in my lifetime and almost no one even looked at the registry no matter where it was at though. 

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Yeah babies r us is way to expensive.

But I'll be going to get my heartbeat Doppler.

But like others have said, people will buy what they want. Like we aren't putting diapers or wipes, but mark my words ill end up getting them.

My sil, it nothing on her list except what we got her, and we got her one of those first aid kits that have the clippers and comb and etc in it. And came with a baby moniter with it.

People buy what they want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN