Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

A baby before the baby

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I'm pregnant and all things baby, make me get all mushy and that includes puppies.
So, SO and I decided to get a puppy!
He is a 6 week old Chiweenie (Chihuahua/Daschund), named Scout.

My boys are visiting their dad and won't be back for a couple of weeks, so they don't know about the puppy yet.
I'm super excited for them to meet the newest addition!
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Replies (21-28):
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I have felt that my boys need a dog...n something that they can help take care of and learn from.
With our last dog, they loved to help feed him.

Our little family loves having a fur baby.

Quoting GreenDotsOrange:

What a cutie. We have a miniature dauschund and he is fantastic with my 3 yr old. We got him as a puppy last year so that definitely helped. Some days he drives me nuts but we work through it. I couldn't imagine our family without him.

Shelbypb
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM

He is sooo cute :) we are getting a jack Russell in about a month she will be old enough to bring home. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
bad_mama2011
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Awe, cute! I wish we could get a dog.

Tippytetoe
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM

So cute!! Never seen one before. Ill have to google what they look like when then get bigger. I have a 12 year old Aussie, I like big dogs :) 

3kidz123
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Lol...a baby on the way and you got a puppy? They are cute but in my mind that would be really bad timing. Last thing I'd want is a new baby and a puppy to train, pay for, and take care of. To each their own though and he really is super cute!

Congrats on the cute puppy and soon to be baby :)

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM
ahhh so cute! I love puppies. I work at a dog daycare so I'm with about 50 of them right now :)
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM
This little guy shouldn't have left his mommy but apparently, the mommy was nowhere to be found and the house, according to SO's aunt, was "filthy".
She was the one who picked the little guy up for us, after she told us about the puppies being given away.

Quoting Shelbypb:

He is sooo cute :) we are getting a jack Russell in about a month she will be old enough to bring home. 

Shelbypb
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM

That is so sad but at least he has a new family to take care of him :)

Quoting LuvMyBoys09:

This little guy shouldn't have left his mommy but apparently, the mommy was nowhere to be found and the house, according to SO's aunt, was "filthy".
She was the one who picked the little guy up for us, after she told us about the puppies being given away.

Quoting Shelbypb:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN