Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

my journey is ending :(

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 40 Replies
I had my ultrasound and genetics appt today and it was not good. Basically the dr said there is no amniotic fluid & then he checked the kidneys. He said the baby has polysistic kidneys. Both kidneys have cysts. He offered me a number to terminate and make further planning im 18 weeks & 4 days & I dont know what to do can anyone please help me. He said the babys kidneys are shutdown & there is no chance whataoever. Help me pls
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through this!  I have no idea what I'd do in your situation.  It's so unfair :(

krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
OMG I'm soooo sorry :'( I have no idea what I would do in your situation. You are in my prayers
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't think I would be able to terminate. Miracles do happen every day, even when there's so much going against them. 

My heart absolutely aches for you and I am so, so sorry. I know there is nothing we can do/say to make it better, but whatever decision you make, just know that you are not alone! 

AllieGrey
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I don't believe in abortion under any circumstances. But I do feel for you mama. I hope that a miracle happens. Sending love and hugs.
cecy2nv
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Thanks ladies. Im beyond sad & mad
cecy2nv
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Im against all that too but there is no water & its because of the cysts in his kidneys. Idk what to do im lost this is my first pregnancy. I need sum guidance
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Why did they never attempt transfusion?  I personally would wait it out until it became a health risk to myself.  :(

CarolinaGirl88
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I'm so sorry :(
*hugs*
VintageWife
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Quoting Pandapanda:

I don't think I would be able to terminate. Miracles do happen every day, even when there's so much going against them. 

My heart absolutely aches for you and I am so, so sorry. I know there is nothing we can do/say to make it better, but whatever decision you make, just know that you are not alone! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife2jeff
by Joy on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. They can do surgeries in utero now. Maybe that's an option?

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Why did they never attempt transfusion?  I personally would wait it out until it became a health risk to myself.  :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)