Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone been told the wrong gender?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 49 Replies

Mobile Photo

I had u/s at 18 wks 2days tech says
Boy Ob says Girl. I am so lost...
I don't even know what to buy now for
special outfits :(
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:20 PM

was that your gender scan that seems early? will you get another one?

Chrissy_Lynn
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Could you request another ultrasound ? My moms best friend was told with her second one she was having another boy. At her ultrasound at 35 weeks the tech gave her a funny look and she asked what was wrong and she told her she was actually having a girl, she even had another tech come in to verify. She was real happy because she wanted a girl but she already had the nursery blue and had all boy stuff
MonkeysX9
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Yes it was my gender scan. I get a new one in August due to placenta previa. They both agree the black image (theiddle) circle is bladder. So I said wow is it a girl idk
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM
My ultrasound pic looks like that and everyone I have shown has said I'm having a boy but I won't actually find out what the tech said until my gender revealing baby shower. I compared it to my ultrasound with my daughter and they are 100% completely different
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Blue circle probably cord.

Purple looks like it could be either.

My boys were very obviously boys at 19 and 20 weeks.

Quoting MonkeysX9:

Mobile Photo

I had u/s at 18 wks 2days tech says

Boy Ob says Girl. I am so lost...

I don't even know what to buy now for

special outfits :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetpeasmom200
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I purple circle looks like the girl part the blue circle looks like what the cord is going into the belly and if you look up there is some saddowing that could be the rest of the cord but the purple circle is what my daughters girl part looked like.

MonkeysX9
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I have shown people & they think its a.girl. Yet I've never seen a girl on an ultrasound. I wish I knew boy or girl so I can finally go shopping. Its not fun doing the neutral color thing :(

Quoting sweetpeasmom200:

I purple circle looks like the girl part the blue circle looks like what the cord is going into the belly and if you look up there is some saddowing that could be the rest of the cord but the purple circle is what my daughters girl part looked like.

sweetpeasmom200
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

You could go to a private 3D ultrasound place?  We have one here called fetal photos and it is $50 for a gender check and they give 5 or 6 pictures.  I would pay that in a heartbeat to find out!

Quoting MonkeysX9:

I have shown people & they think its a.girl. Yet I've never seen a girl on an ultrasound. I wish I knew boy or girl so I can finally go shopping. Its not fun doing the neutral color thing :(

Quoting sweetpeasmom200:

MonkeysX9
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Mobile Photo

This is the pic the tech gave us before the other one. So this is the 1st pic. I see no turtle to me that is (messed up) yet looks like cord to me ....
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Id say girl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)