Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

BH or UTI? TMI... sorry... :-(

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

My next appt. is this Friday, I'll be 37 weeks! Full Term!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Lately I've been feeling very on again, off again BH contractions. SOmetimes they are all over thr front, other times they radiate from the back forward, kind of like back labor, but not nearly as painful. I've also been feeling A LOT of lower abdominal pressure and period like cramps. I know none of these are actual labor pains, but I'm wondering if they in fact are BH, or if perhaps i'm fighting off a UTI? It does NOT burn when I have to pee, which is frequently, but everytime I do go, the "contractions" subside for a while. Have any of you ever had a UTI before? I've never had one, but I have gone in to labor and know what that feels like, this does not feel like labor.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jessica120911
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM
They sound like BH, but it could also be a UTI. I've had a UTI before and those suckers can hurt! Lol. Funny I can barely handle having a UTI but I went through labor completely natural like it was nothing. Lol. But anywho when I have a UTI I always get this pain in my right side that also goes to my lower back and will stay there til the infection is gone and of course the burning when I peed. But it sounds like it could be one or the other. I'm sure other ladies on here have experienced this and can give you a little better feedback then me. Lol.
Debnew1000
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to ask my dr on Friday. Hopefully I'll get a few more responses before then.

Quoting Jessica120911:

They sound like BH, but it could also be a UTI. I've had a UTI before and those suckers can hurt! Lol. Funny I can barely handle having a UTI but I went through labor completely natural like it was nothing. Lol. But anywho when I have a UTI I always get this pain in my right side that also goes to my lower back and will stay there til the infection is gone and of course the burning when I peed. But it sounds like it could be one or the other. I'm sure other ladies on here have experienced this and can give you a little better feedback then me. Lol.

Debnew1000
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I just read my reply to your reply and realized it sounded really b!$:hy. Sorry. I didn't mean to come across that way. I just hope more people reply is all. I can't imagine anything worse than labor pains, you must have had some terrible uti's in the past!
Jessica120911
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Haha oh no you are fine! I understand my feedback was not that much of help, I even said there is probably other ladies on here that have better responses. Lol. I hope you get the feedback you're looking for! Here's a bump to hopefully help you get more responses!

Quoting Debnew1000:

I just read my reply to your reply and realized it sounded really b!$:hy. Sorry. I didn't mean to come across that way. I just hope more people reply is all. I can't imagine anything worse than labor pains, you must have had some terrible uti's in the past!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:51 AM

It sounds like bh to me and how baby is positioned.  I have had a uti before while pregnant.  I was in discomfort, exhausted, and my urine was very cloudy (showing presence of bacteria).  If you think it is a uti, I would go get checked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)