Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If im not dialated...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
  • 11 Replies
Does that mean we have a long wait?
My due date is two weeks away. Im just so anxious to have him.

When did you start dialating?
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjmac88
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Dilation means NOTHING at all before labor. I was dilated to 6 cm for over a month! Still went 8 days overdue too! Until labor starts its nothing.
momma_gig
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:39 AM

This. I started dialating a little over a month before I had my daughter. It still took me 12 hours of labor to get to 10! Lol. And then some women don't start dialtating at all until labor starts. This is why a lot of women opt out of getting checked for dialation before labor begins. Because it really does mean nothing until your body is ready for baby to come. 

Quoting rjmac88:

Dilation means NOTHING at all before labor. I was dilated to 6 cm for over a month! Still went 8 days overdue too! Until labor starts its nothing.

pregnancy

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Not at all..my fastest labors, I wasn't dilated at all!

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM
With #2 i was 4cm dialated for 3 weeks. With #2 i was closed the day before i gave birth.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM

It doesn't mean a think. You could all the sudden start or not till you are in labor. There is no way to really know. Everyone is so different and so can every pregnancy.

My first and second I was only checked because of pains. Well I was 1/2 cm and 5 hours later in labor with my first. My second I was 1 cm and a week later had her. My third I had those same pains 5 weeks before I had her.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM
You can be dilated to a 5 and not deliver for 4 wks or you can be a 0 and deliver tomorrow. Dilation means nothing as far as when it will happen!
SMDufour
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM

The day before I went into labour with my son, I was not dilated, effaced, etc.  I figured it was going to be awhile, but cleary it was not.  He was born 2 days later. So as PP have mentioned, dilation means nothing.... hang in there mama, the longer babe is in there the better it is for him :) He will come when he is ready

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I only dilated DURING labor with all 5 and my labors were pretty fast! So it doesn't mean anything!
polkaspots
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM
With my first I was 2cm two days before my due date. I was in labor for a few hours before I went into the hospital and I was still at 2m. She was born about 15 hours later with pitocin and an epidural for the last seven hours. Dilation doesn't mean anything until you're in labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichaelsCasey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I've had three babies and I've never been dialated before being in labor. Two of my babies, I was checked the day before I went into labor :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)