Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: I want to know how to choose a good doctor...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

I want to know how to choose a good doctor I just found out I was pregnant

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ajohnson08099
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Ask others who they used for their pregnancies, maybe online reviews?

I used who my sister has. Always heard winderful things.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM

It really depends how you want your birth.  I wanted something with low interventions and a care provider who would always have time for me.  I ended up choosing a group of midwive who deliver in a hospital.  I also did a lot of research into the hospital ot know if they truley were natural birth friendly and encouraging of low/no interventions while in labor, giving birth and thereafter.  Good luck!  And, congrats!

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Definitely talk to friends. My first two were delivered by the same doctor that delivered my older sister. He retired halfway through my pregnancy and referred me to a great doctor:-) I miss him though he had the last private practice, it was him, a nurse, and the receptionist. I never waited longer then 5 minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
To_the_moon
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Do your homework. Look up local hospitals and their staff. Make appointments with the doctors you liked from the research you did. Go in with all your questions and write down each of their answers. If you get the answers you want and you feel comfortable with this person than you found your doctor or midwife. I had a midwife and will again with this pregnancy.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Depends on what kind of experience you want.    I usually suggest moms start backwards-  consider how they would like the experience to go, to look like.   And go through preferences until you see which  maternity care type fits best.

:-)

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM

i dont know im my area its very limited so you get who you get.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN