Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: My question is im now 35 weeks pregnant

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 63 Replies
My question is im now 35 weeks
pregnant ive had contractions they
dont effect my cervix like at all.im in
constant pain because of my stomach
ishues.my daughter is 6 pounds 11
ounces.my friends have sedjusted
castro oil to help induce me because
my midwives and obgyn himself dont
care to understand how I feel im tired being admited in the hospital and then they send me home the next day.
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this

If you're already having stomach issues I wouldn't suggest castor oil....if you're body isn't ready to go into labor all it will do is give you really bad cramps, gas, diarrhea and it can also cause your baby to poop in the womb which can be really dangerous

I'm 28wks and anytime I walk around for more than five minutes I get some pretty wicked contractions. Unfortunately its part of pregnancy....and those estimates for baby's weight can be WAY off...they estimated my son would be 10+ lbs..he was a totally normal 8lbs 8oz...

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM
12 moms liked this

Ughh I am so not good at this sweetie. I have no sympothy :/ Pregnancy comes with pains and discomforts. And I think its the first lesson in exactly what type of Mommy we are gonna be. Are you gonna put yourself before baby and self induce possibly risking baby's health so that you can be more comfortable. Or are you gonna suck it up, for the health of your child and deal until baby is ready to deliver. It doesn't sound kind but its the bottom line.

You can use caster oil, sure! But it will more then likely cause you lots of pain and discomfort, along with a raw rear end after countless trips to the bathroom. And horrific stomach cramps. You may have some contractions, probably from dehydration from using the bathroom so much. But it wont be enough for baby to come, especially if she isn't ready. But you may get a shock, and have your water break. Reveiling that baby, like yourself, got the tummy discomfort, and poops, and had a bowel movement in the womb. Risking her health before she was even given a chance to come into the world.

On top of all those risks, you will increase the risk of baby needing Nicu time. Because at 35 wks she is probably not ready. And do you have preemie clothes, because you will need them with a 6lber. And preemie diapers. You will increase her risk of jaundice as well.

My personally opinion would be relax, stop causing so much added stress on yourself. Understand your body is preparing for labor. And with every contraction it IS doing something, even if its not apperent to you. Baby is adding on the extra fat, and her lungs are finishing up. She will arrive exactly when she is ready and she will be a much healthier happier baby for it!

None of what I say is meant to sound ugly, just educational! I hope you do what is right by your little girl! I wish you the best!

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Too early! Your baby isn't ready or you'd be dilating. Babies weight could be off 2 or more pounds in either direction and DOESN'T indicate baby is ready. My 35 weeker got really sick. Caster oil can cause baby to pass a bowel movement in utero but is more likely to give you stomach cramps and the runs then a baby...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariah-1987
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't try any self inductions. You are 35 wks. You haven't even made your edd. Baby isn't ready. This is part of pregnancy. The last month is the worst. And of all things castor oil is a horrible thing to do to your child because you are uncomfortable. Try and get some extra rest, drink some more water and relax. Your little one will be here soon enough don't push it.
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM
The end of pregnancy sucks for everyone. It just does. We get through it because it's best for the baby. Time to get used to putting your own comfort aside. Castor oil, or anything to try to induce labor without TRUE MEDICAL NEED before 42 weeks, is a terrible idea.
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Also a preemie car seat. Most infant car seats don't fit preemies well.
And then there's the list of medical equipment you may need as even late term preemies are more susceptible to a whole host of problems.

Quoting NoraDun:

Ughh I am so not good at this sweetie. I have no sympothy :/ Pregnancy comes with pains and discomforts. And I think its the first lesson in exactly what type of Mommy we are gonna be. Are you gonna put yourself before baby and self induce possibly risking baby's health so that you can be more comfortable. Or are you gonna suck it up, for the health of your child and deal until baby is ready to deliver. It doesn't sound kind but its the bottom line.

You can use caster oil, sure! But it will more then likely cause you lots of pain and discomfort, along with a raw rear end after countless trips to the bathroom. And horrific stomach cramps. You may have some contractions, probably from dehydration from using the bathroom so much. But it wont be enough for baby to come, especially if she isn't ready. But you may get a shock, and have your water break. Reveiling that baby, like yourself, got the tummy discomfort, and poops, and had a bowel movement in the womb. Risking her health before she was even given a chance to come into the world.

On top of all those risks, you will increase the risk of baby needing Nicu time. Because at 35 wks she is probably not ready. And do you have preemie clothes, because you will need them with a 6lber. And preemie diapers. You will increase her risk of jaundice as well.

My personally opinion would be relax, stop causing so much added stress on yourself. Understand your body is preparing for labor. And with every contraction it IS doing something, even if its not apperent to you. Baby is adding on the extra fat, and her lungs are finishing up. She will arrive exactly when she is ready and she will be a much healthier happier baby for it!

None of what I say is meant to sound ugly, just educational! I hope you do what is right by your little girl! I wish you the best!

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this

At 35 weeks that baby is not ready to come out yet. If you have stomach issues then do NOT use castor oil!! 

You just need to lay back, have some water, and relax. Let that baby finish growing instead of trying to force it out prematurely. 

Xanbuttsmom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Relax. Stop going to the hospital and drink lots of water. You will know when its time, my due date is in 3 days and im beyond uncomfortable and looking into natural induction methods. Trying to force baby out at 35 weeks though is just ludicrous.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Oh absolutely and the increase risk in illnesses such as respiratory issues. And the increase in SIDs. My son was born at 38 wks exactly (they suspected he was more of a 36 wker) he was 6 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches long and I was so scared I was gonna lose him to SIDS, he was just so small and delicate. I like my baby's fattened up and healthy for sure!! Gives me chills just thinking back!

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Also a preemie car seat. Most infant car seats don't fit preemies well.
And then there's the list of medical equipment you may need as even late term preemies are more susceptible to a whole host of problems.

Quoting NoraDun:

blessedbyGod141
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I'm 35.5 weeks and have been on bedrest since 21 weeks bc of contractions. I understand I do. I've been to l and d three times. I went to the doc today and I'm 1cm and 50% effaced but my doc is extending bedrestnow till 37 weeks at least. Baby is not ready. I'm mismiserable! I've been having to do shots, lost my job bc of this etc. If you need a friend PM me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)