Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Measuring big?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 8 Replies
I just saw my doctor today and I am 34w1d and she said I am measuring bigger then what I should be. Does this mean I am going to have a big baby? This is my first pregnancy and I've only gained 2 pounds. Well I staryed at 190 and I was so sick in the first trimester and lost 8 pounds and finally now gained it back plus the 2 lbs.
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom_to_kenzie
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Nope...it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I measured big at an appointment and they had me do a growth scan. Turns out I just had a little extra fluid, but baby was in the 90th+ percentile. I have big babies though (dd was 8.1 and ds was 9.2). When I asked about it in this group, a lot of moms informed me that the measurements vary from each doc, and that baby could just be positioned oddly. I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of it right now. Lol
PEEK05
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM

It may or may not mean you are having a big baby.  It is not for sure.

jojo_star
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM

No. You could have a big baby, or you just have a lot of fluid, baby is turned oddly, or your due date is off a little bit. 

lillucky8
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM
My doc told me my dd was measuring fullterm at 36 wks and scared the crap out of me that i was going to have an enormous baby. She was born at 37w5d at 7lbs7oz. I wouldnt worry too much. Ultrasounds etc can me off two lbs either direction. Baby will come when baby is fully baked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethRae
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Agreed

Quoting PEEK05:

It may or may not mean you are having a big baby.  It is not for sure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrittsJade
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM
My baby's estimated weight was 10lb 10oz @ 38wks,they induced me@ 39wks & he was born weighing 9lbs 9oz. He measured big throughout my whole pregnancy.
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
No they said I was measuring big with my daughter and tried saying she would be around 9 pounds 3 ounces and that was at my 37 weeks appointment. I had her at 40 weeks 3 days and she was only 7 pounds 11 ounces. The reason I was measuring big was because I had a lot of fluid surrounding her. I'm wondering how big this baby will be lol ill be 26 weeks tomorrow
mommyofone123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

With my 2nd I was measuring a few weeks ahead and they said she'd be over 9lbs. She's the smallest of all my kids, she was 6 lbs 10 oz and has always been very petite. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)