Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

"You LOOK like your ready to POP!"

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 20 Replies

Seriously people....I am 23 wks!?!

Has anyone said this to you months or weeks before delivery?? I keep hearing this from everyone. Today an old lady at walmart said "Oh wow you look like your gonna go any day" then she asks me to step back so she could take a look at me. She then goes on to say I am having a girl, and a big one by the looks. I laughed it off and come home to my Aunt (who I LOVE to death) who says for the second day in a row "ARE you SURE they have your duedate right? You look full term now! Either that or your having a very large baby!!" (My largest this far has been 7 lbs 9 oz LOL) and not an hour after that my Grandmother says "Are you sure their is only one in their, surely these days they can't miss one on their fancy u/s machines?" (Both of these ladies has been with me throughout all of my pregnancies HAHA they should know how this works by now)

Ok...YES I am big, even HUGE maybe. But really?? Can I just be big, pregnant, enjoy it LOL It doesn't truly bother me, it just makes me laugh, and I keep telling Hubby if they think I am huge now, JUST WAIT! But it does crack me up when people make the assumptions I am due any day, especially when I see their expression when I say "Nope still a couple months to go!" Haha its priceless. I may need to call Ripley's believe it or not, I guess I am a freak of nature! LOL

So have you heard comments like these? How do you respond?

I am thinking next time a stranger says "wow it looks like your ready to pop" I will grab my stomach and say "OH I think my water just broke" and run off LOL

FYI this is my 21 wk and 23 wk bumps!

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I got that a lot with my second. Are you sure there's only one in there? You have how much longer?! I gained less than 20lbs with him, and he was 8 of it - although he was also 22 inches long. I guess I was big - bigger than my daughter for sure. I have learned not to comment on the size of a woman's baby bump though. You never know what kind of reaction you will get.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Yea LOL, I have gained maybe 5 lbs (at my last apt it was only 1 but I think I may have gained a couple more) so its ALL baby belly! But yea, I can't really do anything about it LOL. The bump is gonna get as big as its gonna get. I just can't help it! LOL

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

I got that a lot with my second. Are you sure there's only one in there? You have how much longer?! I gained less than 20lbs with him, and he was 8 of it - although he was also 22 inches long. I guess I was big - bigger than my daughter for sure. I have learned not to comment on the size of a woman's baby bump though. You never know what kind of reaction you will get.

ERMDK
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Back in early March, a lady from my church (who had seen me all through my last enormous full-term pregnancy!) told me, "i don't think you're going to make it 2 more months!" At that point, I still had 4.5 months to go! Now I have 13 days until my due date. Not going to make it? :-D

At my last appointment (2 days ago), my midwife said the baby appears to be leaning forward, like on a diagonal instead of straight up and down vertical, and that might have a lot to do with why I look so huge. My abs are completely shot, they have never had a chance to recover between these large pregnancies so close together, so there is really nothing to hold the baby closer to my body. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now!

Becka8707
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I got that "any day now huh?" For months but now that i am due sunday people keep telling.me i dont look that big shouldnt i mean next month not next week... really people are so funny with their assumptions.
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Good gravy, if they're questioning you at that big (and you look perfectly normal), wonder what they would have said about me! People were convinced I was having triplets with my youngest. My girls were big babies, though. My oldest was 9lbs 2oz and my youngest 9lbs 6oz.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Well and that is what I keep thinking, I mean I am big, but I am not like triplet size big HAHA. Although I am measuring large its more likely due to it being my 4th pregnancy. But in my Grandmother and Aunts defense, I am like the only pregnant person they see very often. But yea I think I have plenty of room to grow. HAHA they are gonna call me a whale by fullterm LOL

Quoting beadingmom17:

Good gravy, if their questioning you at that big (and you look perfectly normal), wonder what they would have said about me! People were convinced I was having triplets with my youngest. My girls were big babies, though. My olest was 9lbs 2oz and my youngest 9lbs 6oz.

MacMamaof5
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I get this.  And I love the idea of saying "oh, I think my water just broke"--but I wouldn't run off.  I'd sit there with a sarcastic look on my face and then just walk away.  BRING IT ON!

ninja

rjmac88
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I'm on the other end. "OMG you don't even look pregnant at all!" "You are so tiny" " I can't imagine you'd be that uncomfortable... You are so small"
Leila0907
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I get opposite and they say that I look smaller than what I am.. But my OB says I'm measuring right on track
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Mobile Photo

My husband said that to me yesterday lol I'm 26 weeks and everyone tells me "wow you've dropped" and I'm like ummm no I've been carrying Low this pregnancy lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)