Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Amniotic fluid question

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 15 Replies
How do you know if you're leaking amniotic fluid? I know it's clear and oderless, but is there anything else you need to look out for? Would it be a steady trickle or a periodic drip?
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BethRae
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Mine was a steady trickle. I was soaking through pads every 10 mins. Lots of people say it has a sweet smell. Mine was also pink, not clear.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I've had 3 babies. When my water is broken, it comes out as a big gush initially then gushes out w/ every contraction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bad_mama2011
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Yes, but I ask because some times your water doesn't break near your cervix and you don't have the gush.

Quoting kmqw229:

I've had 3 babies. When my water is broken, it comes out as a big gush initially then gushes out w/ every contraction.

rjmac88
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Could be either. I've had gushes and trickles. My last baby ONLY trickled when I sat down. You can feel it coming out though
rjmac88
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I bent over and stood back up and felt a small "pop" and then a little squirt... I felt it come out my vagina so not peeing. Went to the bathroom and it was this tiny "trickle trickle trickle" in the toilet. Stood up and it stopped. But if I like sat on the bed. When I went to sit up like half a tablespoon squirted out. Went to the midwife the next day and yep... Amniotic fluid
bad_mama2011
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I thought I felt a small trickle when I stood up, but I'm not sure, and I was thinking about getting checked. I haven't been having any regular contractions yet though.

Quoting rjmac88:

I bent over and stood back up and felt a small "pop" and then a little squirt... I felt it come out my vagina so not peeing. Went to the bathroom and it was this tiny "trickle trickle trickle" in the toilet. Stood up and it stopped. But if I like sat on the bed. When I went to sit up like half a tablespoon squirted out. Went to the midwife the next day and yep... Amniotic fluid

rjmac88
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I didn't have a single one until 26 hours after. I actually stopped leaking after about 10 hours and I figured it just resealed and is go a few more days at least

Quoting bad_mama2011:

I thought I felt a small trickle when I stood up, but I'm not sure, and I was thinking about getting checked. I haven't been having any regular contractions yet though.

Quoting rjmac88:

bad_mama2011
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM
It was just that one trickle and I haven't felt anything since then, it was about 2 hours ago.

Quoting rjmac88:

I didn't have a single one until 26 hours after. I actually stopped leaking after about 10 hours and I figured it just resealed and is go a few more days at least

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Quoting rjmac88:

rjmac88
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Just drink a ton of water. Take some vit C. Just in case. It could have just been a big rush of watery discharge too...

Quoting bad_mama2011:

It was just that one trickle and I haven't felt anything since then, it was about 2 hours ago.

Quoting rjmac88:

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Quoting rjmac88:

jojo_star
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

It can be a trickly, a drip, or a gush, it all depends on how you and baby are positioned when it happens. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN