Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby shower games

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm sure it's been posted and replied to a million times, but I haven't seen one. So list games and instructions to play. :-)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
To_the_moon
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Pin the sperm on the egg was a big hit at my last baby shower. It just like pin the tail on the donkey so you'll need blindfolds and little "sperms" and enjoy!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I made my own board.
My great- grandmother loved this game and won.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mommy1990426
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM

LMBO, That looks like fun, and haven't heard of it before. Thank you!  What did you use to make the sperm?

Quoting To_the_moon:

Pin the sperm on the egg was a big hit at my last baby shower. It just like pin the tail on the donkey so you'll need blindfolds and little "sperms" and enjoy!
I made my own board.
My great- grandmother loved this game and won.

bbysqd
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
We had a sheet that had a letter of the alphabet on each line. Since I was having a boy we had to have a boy name for each letter. It was funny to hear some of the names.

When you walked in, we each got a necklace w/ paci on it. If you said baby you lost your necklace to whoever points out your faux paux. Who evef has the most necklaces at the end of shower win.

Everyone in attendance took yarn and cut it to go all around my big ole belly. Some people were a little too generouus with the length of their yarn. LoL The person closest wins.
To_the_moon
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Quoting mommy1990426:

I used yarn for the tail and construction paper for the heads.
To_the_moon
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Quoting bbysqd:

We had a sheet that had a letter of the alphabet on each line. Since I was having a boy we had to have a boy name for each letter. It was funny to hear some of the names.

When you walked in, we each got a necklace w/ paci on it. If you said baby you lost your necklace to whoever points out your faux paux. Who evef has the most necklaces at the end of shower win.

Everyone in attendance took yarn and cut it to go all around my big ole belly. Some people were a little too generouus with the length of their yarn. LoL The person closest wins.

We also played the game "Don't call me baby" and "Can you guess mommy's belly size" these were fun games too.
ImNotKarl
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM

We played pin the sperm on the egg. I made a really awesome paper uterus and a bunch of paper sperm with double-sided tape on the back and each person's name on the front, and then I glued a little paper egg to the uterus. From there it's like pin the tail on the donkey.

I'm team green, so we had a list of 13 old wives tales that predicted gender, and we played an elimination game of guessing which one meant girl and which one meant boy. I read the tale out loud and people raised their hands if they thought girl, and everyone who was wrong was eliminated.

We played the yarn game where people guessed how big around I measured by cutting a piece of yarn the length they thought I was around. The closest one to my actual size won.

We had a calendar and a jar, and people could place a bet for $2 whether the baby would be born in the am or pm and the date. The pot will be split between us and whoever got it right.

brittany208
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

At my shower, they bought a bunch of different kinds of baby food, removed the labels, and numbered them. We had to guess what kind of baby food it was and write our guesses on our numbered list, by the corresponding number.

We did "change baby's diaper" races two at a time. That was a LOT of fun.

We didnt do this one--but I love the game where you melt chocolate in baby diapers so it looks like poop and everyone has to guess what kind of chocolate bar is in each diaper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)