Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What is going on here?! So confused

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am 5 weeks, 2 days post D&C. After my procedure, I bled for about a week, and then once the bleeding stopped was okay'd to have sex.

4 days ago I got a positive HPT and have gotten many more positives since. I know that this could be caused by left over hCG from my miscarriage. But is it possible that it could be a new pregnancy as well? Have any of you gotten pregnant after a miscarrige/d&c before even getting a period?

I am also spotting medium/dark brown "blood" (it's more of a discharge) today. Is it possible that I could be about to start my period, even though I am getting these + hpt's?

I literally signed up for this website to get advice on this, I'm so confused! Haha.

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM
There are many women who get pregnant right after a mc. I don't know for sure, but with a D&C, they remove all tissue and I would think your levels drop to normal fairly quickly. Did you ever have a follow up blood draw? I had a natural mc several months ago, and my numbers dropped to 0 about 10 days after. It's possible you have a new pregnancy, and the spotting is implantation bleeding. I would call your doctor and see for sure.
MacMamaof5
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM

It is possible to be pregnant.  Brown blood could be implantation blood. But with the situation, I'd highly suggest getting to a Doctor to determine whether or not a little bean has implanted or if it's leftover hormones.

And a Congratulations to you if you are!  It's a Rainbow Child!  The rainbow after the storm.  

bk1147
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I think it's too late for it to be implantation bleeding, the last time I had sex was a little less than 4 weeks ago... About 1.5 weeks after my d&c! Also would I be getting dark +'s this early if the egg did just implant?

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

There are many women who get pregnant right after a mc. I don't know for sure, but with a D&C, they remove all tissue and I would think your levels drop to normal fairly quickly. Did you ever have a follow up blood draw? I had a natural mc several months ago, and my numbers dropped to 0 about 10 days after. It's possible you have a new pregnancy, and the spotting is implantation bleeding. I would call your doctor and see for sure.

bk1147
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I have a dr app for this week, but I'm pretty anxious just waiting and wondering :(

Quoting MacMamaof5:

It is possible to be pregnant.  Brown blood could be implantation blood. But with the situation, I'd highly suggest getting to a Doctor to determine whether or not a little bean has implanted or if it's leftover hormones.

And a Congratulations to you if you are!  It's a Rainbow Child!  The rainbow after the storm.  

livingforthem83
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM
It sounds like a new pregnancy. Have you looked up anything online about how HCG drops after a D&C. It seems like it would leave your system fast. I know when I went for a check up 4 weeks after my D&C my doctor asked if I was ready to try again.
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Sounds like a new pregnancy to me, this far after your d and c. Congrats and GL :)
bk1147
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Thank you guys. If it is a new pregnancy, should I be concerned about the brown spotting? It's somewhat dark. I had another miscarriage in Feb 2012 and it started off with bad cramps and dark brown blood. (Im not cramping right now)
bk1147
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Also I have no symptoms! I've had three pregnancies (1 birth, 2 miscarriages) and had the same symptoms with all three, sore swollen breasts and mild cramping... This time my boobs feel great lol and even look a little smaller!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)