Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Natural Remedies for "Unmentionable" swelling????

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am seeing my Midwife tomorrow, and my Doula next week. So I will ask them both for suggestions, but what if anything did you use to help sweeling in "Unmentionable" areas. (TMI Warning) My vagina is so rediculously swollen!! Its been that way since implantation occured. (TMI Warning Again) Its so swollen I feel like it rubs together causing small cuts which become very uncomfy!! Sex is very good, extremely enjoyable, but afterwards my vaginia just throbs! I have so much pressure in my vaginal area I can't walk for a few hours after sex without becoming very uncomfortable. I am just wondering if their is natural remedy, maybe something to soak in the bath tub with, etc that would help! I remember vaginal swelling with my past pregnancies but this time its just much more so! Any thoughts?

FYI I do not have an infection! Am on a regular dose of probiotics!

Googled some ideas: Has anyone used them? Did anything work best?

-Cold Compress, Cold Pack, or Cool Bath

-Warm Sitz bath w/ Oatmeal

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjmac88
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I would say cool compress or bath might help. At Least soothe it.

I am swollen now too but i have a wretched yeast infection.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Decide on a cure be it natural or medicated and then start probiotics. Works to naturally prevent yeast infectios, and will help prevent strep B :)

I am gonna try that and see if it helps!! I don't get yeast infections (suspected I had one when I was 17 and treated it accordingly but never had one since) And I have no other symptoms, but my Midwife may check me out just incase! I did read yeast infections can cause swelling but I have had this swelling since I was 3 wks preggo so I am thinking/HOPING its just pregnancy related :)

Thanks sweetie, and I hope your yeast infection is gone soon!

Quoting rjmac88:

rjmac88
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Should be! Been powering the probiotics like crazy and then I couldn't walk because of the burning so I grabbed some generic monistat to just kill it. I feel bad because I only noticed minor swelling and discharge that I blew off as being pregnant at first and then I spread it to my husband! Oops! So now he's hurting. I feel bad I didn't catch it sooner. I think I'm just going to live on probiotics from now on. I am so sick of issues down there. My mom has a way off PH down there and as I've gotten older I get a lot of random swelling and itching with no determinable reason. Got to balance this thing out lol

I hope yours is just pregnancy being unfriendly!

Quoting NoraDun:

Decide on a cure be it natural or medicated and then start probiotics. Works to naturally prevent yeast infectios, and will help prevent strep B :)

I am gonna try that and see if it helps!! I don't get yeast infections (suspected I had one when I was 17 and treated it accordingly but never had one since) And I have no other symptoms, but my Midwife may check me out just incase! I did read yeast infections can cause swelling but I have had this swelling since I was 3 wks preggo so I am thinking/HOPING its just pregnancy related :)

Quoting rjmac88:

TTC2Long
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM
When I was swollen and healing post partum, witchhazel pads on maxipads filled with water and frozen were absolute heaven. Be sure to use thick pads, not slum ones; they stay frozen longer.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM

That does suck sweetie!! I have heard lots of women say they get regular YI during pregnancy and feel blessed I never did. But YI aren't common with the other women in my family either! I think the probiotics will definately help you (atleast I HOPE) I am sorry for your DH too :( Poor guy!! Yea I think I will definately as Midwife to check just to be safe (I would hate to have one and not know it and spread it :( Thanks for sharing hun!!

Quoting rjmac88:

Should be! Been powering the probiotics like crazy and then I couldn't walk because of the burning so I grabbed some generic monistat to just kill it. I feel bad because I only noticed minor swelling and discharge that I blew off as being pregnant at first and then I spread it to my husband! Oops! So now he's hurting. I feel bad I didn't catch it sooner. I think I'm just going to live on probiotics from now on. I am so sick of issues down there. My mom has a way off PH down there and as I've gotten older I get a lot of random swelling and itching with no determinable reason. Got to balance this thing out lol

I hope yours is just pregnancy being unfriendly!

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting rjmac88:

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM

EEEKKK I am so glad you mentioned this. I knew I had heard of witchhazel post delivery before but couldn't remember the name. I was hoping someone would mention it :)!!! Do you know where I can get it from? I have never used it before!! Hmmm wonder if my Midwife will have some on hand? I will have to ask her about that!! Thanks hun, I will try that!

Quoting TTC2Long:

When I was swollen and healing post partum, witchhazel pads on maxipads filled with water and frozen were absolute heaven. Be sure to use thick pads, not slum ones; they stay frozen longer.

Mariah-1987
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM
You can get witch hazel by the peroxide and stuff and walmart. They sell it in a bottle or on pads already. Have you used dermaplast before? It probably wouldn't help as much or as long as the witch hazel tho.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Quoting Mariah-1987:

You can get witch hazel by the peroxide and stuff and walmart. They sell it in a bottle or on pads already. Have you used dermaplast before? It probably wouldn't help as much or as long as the witch hazel tho.
I haven't!! I will have to pick up the witch hazel tomorrow!! What is the dermaplast?
Mariah-1987
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Its in a spray can. It kind of numbs you up a little bit. You should be able to get it by all the first aid stuff or atleast check it out.

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Mariah-1987:

I haven't!! I will have to pick up the witch hazel tomorrow!! What is the dermaplast?

ERMDK
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
After my last delivery, the hospital gave me maxi pad-ice packs. I had to break them and shake them, but they were also absorbent for all that pp bleeding. I don't know where to get them commercially, but I think any ice pack would work. Also, what about Epsom salts in a cool bath? Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN