Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad Pain

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 8 Replies

Friday i had bad pains in my stomach, sides and back. It hurt so bad to sit or stand and lasted over 2 hours! I was at work and didnt think too much of it other than maybe the baby was in an uncomfortable spot but on the way home i was in so much pain i could hardly drive.

I called the doctor and after they transferred me a million times, i talked to triage who told me to take a warm bath and see how i felt. I still had pains but they were more mild after the bath. Did anyone experience this before? Did they tell you what it was? (im now 26 weeks pregnant).

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MammaKoi
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Hope you feel better and that they figure out what happened. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Do you think you were having contractions?  I get pretty bad pains in pregnancy at times due to spd and just with the baby growing and laying in bad positions.  Hope you feel better!

KPJ
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM
OMG yesterday I had horrible cramps and pressure all day... I didn't go to the doctor or called because the BH were super random.. But the time in between I had period like cramps but 10x more painful.. It was just a terrible day yesterday... Today I have a little discomfort but Nothing like yesterday.. And I am only 29 weeks!!!
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM

It happens to me every now and then. I'm about a week ahead of you.

MySafeHaven
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM

no it didnt necessarily feel like cramps, more like sharp pain through my back. The bath eased the tension though. I dont see the doctor until friday so i will ask her about it. I guess it could have been how she was sitting in my belly...?

MySafeHaven
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM

but then again i dont know what contractions feel like lol

KaylaLieber
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I have the same pains every now and then. Its really intense and that always what I think it is (the baby laying in a bad spot)

but it doesnt really worry me because it goes away and it doesnt involve cramping or bleeding or leaking. its so easy to get freaked out because you have so many different pains while your pregant!

MySafeHaven
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Thanks KaylaLieber, yeah i didnt want to make too big of a deal about it because i didnt have cramping, bleeding, etc. But because my baby's umbilical cord is attached off to the side of the placenta bag (causing it to be more unprotected) any pains seems to freak me out. Last time i went to the doctor we had to monitor her growth too so i didnt know if it had anything to do with that. I will see the doctors friday and monday and hopefully see whats going on and if everything is good in there with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)