Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long to get test results

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 8 Replies
I went to my first doctor apt (new doctor) at 16 weeks because i didnt know i was pregnant before. That was on the 4th of this month that they did all of my blood work and some aditional test for anemia. It has been almost 2 weeks and i havnt heard from them yet. Ive had an abnormal papsmear in the past that came back as nothing but they told me it would probably be abnormal everytime i have one and i havnt heard anything about that either. How long does it normally take to hear back from your doctor?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM

at my office if they dont call you it means everything is fine. if you are worried call them and ask for the results.

hailey-brendan
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Im sure everything is fine im just anxious because i went so long without knowing i was pregnant.

Quoting Autumn19:

at my office if they dont call you it means everything is fine. if you are worried call them and ask for the results.

kstorm234
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM
At my doctor they only call if something was wrong. You could always call them though.
littlemamarisa
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Usually no news is good news. Even if something came back positive or abnormal and it is not urgent they will make you aware at your next visit. It never hurts to call and double check :) Good luck to you!

rjmac88
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Some offices call you with results. Some wait till your next appt.... It takes like a day to get the results. If they were going to call you they would have
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM
i couldnt get in until i was 6 mons with my first

Quoting hailey-brendan:

Im sure everything is fine im just anxious because i went so long without knowing i was pregnant.

Quoting Autumn19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM

my ob only calls if something bad shows up. 2 weeks is plenty of time for it to come back though. i'd think if you haven't heard anything, that's good news.  if you're worried, just call and ask. 

TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM

ditto. i was 26 weeks with the first, 4 or 5 months with the second.  13 for the little one, but i had problems the entire pregnancy.  i knew very early with all 3. 

Quoting Autumn19:

i couldnt get in until i was 6 mons with my first

Quoting hailey-brendan:

Quoting Autumn19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)