Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel guilty!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am almost 16 weeks pregnant and I am having a hard time forming attachments to this baby. I  am excited but I have had two miscarriages and I am so worried that something will be wrong that I feel a little disconnected....

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mittenmommie
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I felt that way but each time I get an u/s or feel movement it brings me closer. I swear I listen to the babes heartbeat like 7I times a day. At 16home weeks your chances of a miscarriage are well below 1. Don't worry one day you'll wake up and be like momma bear and very attached
Mittenmommie
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Sorry for spelling errors my phone sucks
puertoricangeek
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Just give it time, I didn't get attached to this baby until I had constant movement. Even then I had difficulty and now that she reacts to so much and has an actual personality I have grown more and more attached. Just give it time. If you make it the entire pregnancy and nothing and even after baby is here you still are getting anything you may need to talk to your dr. At this time though, don't worry. 

myusernamedied
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I felt that way for quite some time during this pregnancy, I believe it is normal. I still sometimes worry and I go in to get a foley catheter later on this evening!
It's kind of like your body is trying not to set yourself up for disappointment.
Just think positive and do everything in your power to get closer to baby. Your risk of losing said baby is EXTREMELY low now that you're past 14 weeks, so just enjoy it as much as possible. (; 

CafeMom Tickers
tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I had this problem as well. Now that I know the gender, and she has a name it has helped. I've been reading to her, and it's helping me bond. I know it will be stronger once I hold her.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)