Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

best affordable swings

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was planning on getting this elephant Graco one, but reviews were very mixed, some saying that it's motor doesn't last long or is too loud. I started looking at the snugabunny one(with the little birds) and it seems to have more positive reviews, but still some complaining of the motor dying a few months after having it. Anyone know what's best? Not something that's over 140 preferrably.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:11 PM
There's always a risk I would order from a place with a long return policy like Diapers.com or BabyEarth the return is 365 days on products or Babies r us has a replacement plan that would be worth buying.

Good luck
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM
$30 bright starts portable swings at walmart. I love bright starts products
mem82
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I've had this one and a Fisher Price swing. Both were good.

Quoting daydreamer86:

$30 bright starts portable swings at walmart. I love bright starts products

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM

this is the swing I have for my daughter. its the fisher price luv u zoo swing. it cost about $100 at walmart and target. I bought mine used for $75. but my daughter has been using it daily for a good 6 months now and it still works perfectly. she loves it.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I bought a used Graco Sweetpeace in Elephanta brand new looking for $80.
ImNotKarl
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Bright Starts portable swings are the bomb, and they are SUPER cheap. My son's was a hand-me-down from his cousin, who used it daily for months, and then my son got it and used it daily at nap time for about 7 months, and it still functioned perfectly and was quiet, so I passed it on to a friend of mine that needed one for her baby.

With this baby we're getting another one. The Bright Starts Ingenuity portable swing. It's like, $45. It has awesome reviews. You can order it from places that have a return or replacement policy. They have full-sized swings, too, but they are a bit more expensive, around $150.

shortcake82418
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:17 PM

do the portable ones rock as high or well as the big ones?

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM

all swing are notorious for having crappy motors that will die at some point.

We got a used Luv U Zoo swing like the one pictured above and the motor died. We bought a new one, same kind, and used it a long time with our twins.

I would totally recommend getting one that plugs in. It will cost a little more, but will you save way more on buying batteries. Plus it stinks to run out of batteries at 3am when your baby can't sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)