Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally got Medicaid BUT....

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 23 Replies

Cannot find a single OBGYN that excepts it..Like really..I have been waiting a month and a half and now this..I did find one but they are limited and I have to call the first of July which god I can wait another week and then they will be excepting more patients..If they dont go over by the time I call..The only other option I have is the health dep. and I really dont want to experience that again..i was young and didnt care where I went and my delivery was horrible..So I am hoping I find one before I have to take that option..

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma.x3
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Medicaid should send you a book with a list of all in your state that accepts your insurance.

mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I had that same problem but at least in my town they have a moms clinic specifically for pregnant women. Unfortunately the government only pays a fraction of what they charge so a lot of doctors no longer take Medicaid.
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Thats what I figured but not in the county I live in..Im having it in a diff. county anyway..It just sucks cuz I want a specific hospital and not sure if thats gonna be possible now..So upset, its like nothing can ever go the way I would like..

Quoting Momma.x3:

Medicaid should send you a book with a list of all in your state that accepts your insurance.

CafeMom Tickers
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Yea something about medicaid paying less now so now they are switching to medicare.

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

I had that same problem but at least in my town they have a moms clinic specifically for pregnant women. Unfortunately the government only pays a fraction of what they charge so a lot of doctors no longer take Medicaid.

CafeMom Tickers
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM

you can call med and ask them

where do you live

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM

North Carolina

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

where do you live

CafeMom Tickers
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM

http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dma/medicaid/finddoctor.htm

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

North Carolina

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

where do you live

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Thanks..I will give it a look..

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dma/medicaid/finddoctor.htm

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

North Carolina

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

where do you live

CafeMom Tickers
Mariah-1987
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM
They should send you a list of providers. I go to the ob in the next town. The 1 in my town closed the ob department but even before they did that I always have went to the next town for everything. I don't trust that hospital. I'm sure it will close soon.
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM

that's odd.  medicare is for the elderly and those with disabilities.  not really the target crowd for the baby makin.

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Yea something about medicaid paying less now so now they are switching to medicare.

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)