Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thoughts

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 8 Replies

1st time mom here feeling nervous and excited dealing with the pregnancy and college i hope im not stressing out the pregnancy...

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

its not hard..I am pregnant with my 2nd child and I am full time in college. I am doing 12 credits this summer before my baby is born

congrats

CollegeMommy89
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM

O ok thats good i also am doing college full-time...you right its not hard i have managed to keep my GPA up so i must be doing something right. I just want to graduate in December lol and then poof the baby month in January. Im thinking i should take "time off" from school to focus on the baby because once she's born arent the most important moments important at least til she/he can attend like a nursery/daycare..did u ever take time off? or did u just go straight to school after

Larsbug
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I went to college and graduated (took me 7 years but I did it!)... all while getting married and having 2 kids. If I can do it, so can you! Good luck mama!

Welcome to the group and congrats!

CollegeMommy89
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Thanks! and wow your like supermom lol i hope to accomplish the same thing..i shud be done with college in December but i'll only have my associates, being married would be a blessing i feel bad letting my lil growing up without the father but things happen for a reason no since in letting her be disapoointed by him right?

Larsbug
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I'm far from supermom lol but I got married and no intention of having children until DS1 decided that birth control wasn't going to keep him from coming into this world lol. I took a semester off after each child mainly because I had c-section's. Some semester's were smaller credits than others but I got through it. I graduated with my Bachelor's last August (doesn't seem like it's been almost a year).

Quoting CollegeMommy89:

Thanks! and wow your like supermom lol i hope to accomplish the same thing..i shud be done with college in December but i'll only have my associates, being married would be a blessing i feel bad letting my lil growing up without the father but things happen for a reason no since in letting her be disapoointed by him right?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
CollegeMommy89
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM

LOL yeah i figured way before i even found out the birth control isnt really a reliable solution to preventing pregnancy haha yet the docs here suggest it like its the "it" thing. I will be done in december and this lil one expected due date is Jan lol so i guess thats just good timing. I  am thinking that taking time off to raise the baby will be the best option. I would be SUPER nervous if i had to get a c-section and it doesnt help that the hospital closet to me has had numerous lawsuits especially with its patients and especially with the maternity ward

Quoting Larsbug:

I'm far from supermom lol but I got married and no intention of having children until DS1 decided that birth control wasn't going to keep him from coming into this world lol. I took a semester off after each child mainly because I had c-section's. Some semester's were smaller credits than others but I got through it. I graduated with my Bachelor's last August (doesn't seem like it's been almost a year).

Quoting CollegeMommy89:

CafeMom Tickers
Larsbug
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM
it is good timing... and you still have plenty of time to find a birthing center or find a midwife for a home birth if you want.
Quoting CollegeMommy89:

LOL yeah i figured way before i even found out the birth control isnt really a reliable solution to preventing pregnancy haha yet the docs here suggest it like its the "it" thing. I will be done in december and this lil one expected due date is Jan lol so i guess thats just good timing. I  am thinking that taking time off to raise the baby will be the best option. I would be SUPER nervous if i had to get a c-section and it doesnt help that the hospital closet to me has had numerous lawsuits especially with its patients and especially with the maternity ward

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting CollegeMommy89:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
CollegeMommy89
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM

True, i like Winthrop i hear they are a good hospital i just wonder how moms plan it so perfectly lol as to what hospital to go to before the real labor even kicks in! Because (at least out here) once those contractions get super strong they take u to the nearest hospital..

Quoting Larsbug:

it is good timing... and you still have plenty of time to find a birthing center or find a midwife for a home birth if you want.
Quoting CollegeMommy89:

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting CollegeMommy89:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)