Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do contractions feel?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 13 Replies

This is my first pregnancy and I have always wonder how do contractions feel.

And can the pain you get sometimes in your cervix be because your stretching or something or ligament pain?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Cervix pain can be from dilation, or baby's head pressing against it etc.

Contractions are hard to describe. For me it feels like the entire stomach gets tight, almost as if baby is balling up, but its the whole tummy not just one spot. And it is accomplanied but lots of pressure, and some pain.

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I compared contractions like this and the nurses loved it...take a wet washcloth, ring it out as hard as you can over and over...that is your uterus.

LuvMyBoys09
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
For me, they felt like HORRIBLE period cramps.
littlemamarisa
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I am not sure if I had any. At night I get cramps like period cramps but only get three in an hour and my Doc said it is normal and to drink plenty of water. Also if I experience 6 in an hour then call her.

CafeMom Tickers
Xanbuttsmom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Your stomach tightens and gets really hard. I described labor to my DF last night and I said you have no control. Your body is doing some serious work and you are just along for the ride.
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I agree with this
My tummy will get hard like a basketball and there is lots of pressure its pretty uncomfortable
You can tell the difference from when baby balls up because when that happens your tummy only gets hard right where baby's back and butt are

Oh and when you're in labor the pain can also travel down your legs a bit too...thats super fun
Sometimes the cervix pain is if the baby punches or kicks you right there...I usually associate that with a quick stab of pain but not pressure

Quoting NoraDun:

Cervix pain can be from dilation, or baby's head pressing against it etc.

Contractions are hard to describe. For me it feels like the entire stomach gets tight, almost as if baby is balling up, but its the whole tummy not just one spot. And it is accomplanied but lots of pressure, and some pain.

BabyFetus Ticker

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Worst period cramps while having your uterus squeezed really hard.

Cervical pain can be baby pushing down or dilatation. My last pregnancy I had pretty painful, breath taking braxton Hicks and insane cervical pain and my mucus plug started coming out. I was having a c-section so it didn't matter much but it was a first for me in my three pregnancies. It was also my longest pregnancy at exactly 39 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatyRod
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I'm hoping I can answer u in December. Lol. Baby #1 here as well! Congrats :)
oliver92
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM

With each of my pregnancies, mine are hard sharp pains that literally take your breath away and its serious down stairs pressure, like it could pop out... HA HA,,,, and my entire stomach tightens like a vice.  Even with small BH there was no pain, I knew for SURE when it was real.. Its bad when you cannot talk thru them or your just yelling shut up to your dh and trying to breathe through it and hoping it ends soon. LOL

kgmmw
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Tightening of the stomach constant consistent pains
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)