Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! :)

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey Ladies, my name is Aimee. I'm 26 years old and Just found out im expecting my 3rd child.. It was a COMPLETE SHOCK! I have a 7 year old and a 1 year old. I found out I was expecting a few days before my daughters 1st b-day. I'm nervous and scared as hell to be honest. It took 4 years to concieve my 1 year old and I was on birth control when I found out i was expecting this baby. I've been to the Dr. and everything is looking good so that makes me happy, I was scared cuz I was on birth control that I hurt the baby. Anyone else have babies really close together? How did you handle it?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
poohbearkfc
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I have a 13 month old and am due on 3 months.
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM

o wow! were you trying or was it completely unexpected? are you nervous?

Quoting poohbearkfc:

poohbearkfc
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh a complete surprise. And yes I am very nervous.

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

o wow! were you trying or was it completely unexpected? are you nervous?

Quoting poohbearkfc:

KPJ
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Congratulations! I have an 18 month old whom will be 20 months by the time her baby brother is born which will be about 10 weeks away :) I am excited and a little nervous about handling two small children and making sure they get their special mommy time without getting jealous of each other.. Even though my daughter has been great so far about the pregnancy... Lets just see what the reaction is going to be when we bring baby home.
shortcake82418
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I'm also pregnant with third and don't know how i got pregnant with the timing, but when it's meant to be it's meant to be. my two older sons are 2 years apart...it was a good age different but hard the first few months to care for 2 babies.

livingforthem83
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I have an 11 year old and 10 year who are 11 months apart. I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old that is 13 months apart. And this baby will be 21 months younger than my 1 year old. I like the ages close together.
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM

thanks for the replies! I guess im just nervous about having 2 kids so close in age. my son and daughter are 6 years apart and its been so easy. Im scared my little girl will give me hell when the new baby is here cuz shes too little to understand.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome mama!  Congrats on your pregnancy.  Try not to stress about them being close together..I almost find it easier to some extent.  My first two are 13 months apart, and then two and three are 25 months apart..and then three and four are 15 months apart.  It is a lot of fun!  And, they are best of friends so fast since there is a closer age gap.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I found out I was pregnant with my second when my first had just turned a year old as well! It isn't as bad as you might think to have them close, but then again I wanted all my kids close together lol. It's dealing with the needs of everybody and forcing one to wait while you tend the others that gets most tiring for awhile. Like my oldest would need a diaper change and I would be busy nursing my youngest so he would have to wait 20-30 minutes sometimes(if it was a poop I didn't make him wait I made baby wait to eat). When they gotto be around 20 months and 3 they started fighting... One always wants what the other has lol, and the youngest tends to instigate fights thinking he wil get away with it haha. I'm due with my third in February and it and my youngest will be a bit further apart, so in looking forward to seeing how that goes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)