Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Doctor's pregnancy test?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM
  • 32 Replies

I have a doctor's apt Thursday at 3 and i would normally go in for a blood test but this time I'm just going to take their test. I will be 4 weeks 1 day by then should their test be able to pick that up? I ask because i know their tests aren't like the home tests

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unspecified42
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM
They are exactly the same as the home tests, actually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
They use the same thing as the dollar store
Has same brand, same sensitivity same everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rjmac88
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM
From what I've heard they are actually LESS sensitive than home tests...
bonniemommy100
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I have heard the same thing  

Quoting rjmac88:

From what I've heard they are actually LESS sensitive than home tests...

Hopeful_Gam
by Heather on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM

If you don't mind me asking how did you find out you were pregnant SO early. Did you use the dip strips? That crazy early at 3 weeks, 1 day right? I'm not bashing just wondering. Any who, congratulations to you and yours! And the other ladies are right most offices use the same as dollar store test which are very sensitive.

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I've never had a problem with the doctor tests but i've also never gone in at 4 weeks before. If it's negative they will probably just do the blood test :)

bonniemommy100
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I was 9 days past ovulation and something just said your pregnant test so i took a walmart 88 cent test and got nothing so i did a 5 hour hold and used  one of my FRER test and got a super faint line. 

Quoting Hopeful_Gam:

If you don't mind me asking how did you find out you were pregnant SO early. Did you use the dip strips? That crazy early at 3 weeks, 1 day right? I'm not bashing just wondering. Any who, congratulations to you and yours! And the other ladies are right most offices use the same as dollar store test which are very sensitive.

rjmac88
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I got a positive at 3w4d with a first response test with my son

Quoting Hopeful_Gam:

Hopeful_Gam
by Heather on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Oh ok. I have heard of people getting positive test at 9 dpo, I was thinking wow 6 dpo she must have super hcg, lol! Are you going to keep testing with the Walmart ones  before your appt? 

Quoting bonniemommy100:

I was 9 days past ovulation and something just said your pregnant test so i took a walmart 88 cent test and got nothing so i did a 5 hour hold and used  one of my FRER test and got a super faint line. 

Quoting Hopeful_Gam:

bonniemommy100
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM
No i think 5 positive FRER is enough lol I'm just going to wait until my apt now

Quoting Hopeful_Gam:

Oh ok. I have heard of people getting positive test at 9 dpo, I was thinking wow 6 dpo she must have super hcg, lol! Are you going to keep testing with the Walmart ones  before your appt? 

Quoting bonniemommy100:

Quoting Hopeful_Gam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)