Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Breech

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 20 Replies
At what point should I become concerned that my baby is still breech? I've been recommended the spinningbabies.com but was wondering when I should start trying those methods?
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3kidz123
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I'm not sure but I'm 27 weeks and my doctor isn't even checking yet. I would guess full term so 36 weeks but again I'm not sure.

mama2gg
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM
36 weeks is when they start to worry Dd didn't flip till 31 and Ds didn't flip till 38
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethRae
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Well I can tell and I had an ultrasound last week and he was breech. So that's how I know.

Quoting 3kidz123:

I'm not sure but I'm 27 weeks and my doctor isn't even checking yet. I would guess full term so 36 weeks but again I'm not sure.

sarahbearamommy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM

how many weeks are you?

BethRae
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
30 weeks

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

how many weeks are you?

sarahbearamommy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I wouldn't worry quite yet.. my first son was breech until about 38 weeks.. he flipped about a week before I had him! lol! I don't know how he did it in there with the lack of space but he managed. 

Quoting BethRae:

30 weeks

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

how many weeks are you?

pregnancy

rjmac88
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM
35+ weeks
oliver92
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

around 35 weeks i think chances go down, it depends on size of baby too, with my ds now 3 he was breech and we went to hospital so they could manually turn him and he was too big to risk damage to uterus, he came 2 weeks early (emerg c-section) was 9 lbs 6 oz.  :)

BethRae
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Thanks! I go to my next appt next Thursday so ill just bring it up to the dr and see what he thinks. I had my first and twins vaginally so I'd really hate to have my last baby by csection.

Quoting oliver92:

around 35 weeks i think chances go down, it depends on size of baby too, with my ds now 3 he was breech and we went to hospital so they could manually turn him and he was too big to risk damage to uterus, he came 2 weeks early (emerg c-section) was 9 lbs 6 oz.  :)

livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I'm 33 weeeks and my little guy just turned breech. Hes been head down since around 28 weeks. My OB said he isn't concerned right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN