Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Freeze ahead meals

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

I want some easy and yummy freeze ahead meal ideas. I want to make some in the few weeks before my due date but also for the days when i am just worn out. Has anyone done this? All ive ever done if freeze pancakes lol

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Mobile Photo

I tried, but we eat too fresh :) I always forgot to take them out of the freezer, so I just did quick easy meals. I also made a chart with our most eaten simple meals (about 20) and listed exactly what ingredients were needed. That way hubby wouldn't have to ask me 10 times what he needed lol.
katielovesyou21
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

that is very cool and organized! Baby has been keeping me up with constant kicking and then my toddler has been ready to play and stuff when she stops so im running on fumes right now so im wanting to prepare for more days like these lol

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Mobile Photo

I tried, but we eat too fresh :) I always forgot to take them out of the freezer, so I just did quick easy meals. I also made a chart with our most eaten simple meals (about 20) and listed exactly what ingredients were needed. That way hubby wouldn't have to ask me 10 times what he needed lol.

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Haha, I had many different lists like this. Even if others didn't use them, they were VERY helpful to me when my brain was just mush.

Quoting katielovesyou21:

that is very cool and organized! Baby has been keeping me up with constant kicking and then my toddler has been ready to play and stuff when she stops so im running on fumes right now so im wanting to prepare for more days like these lol

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Mobile Photo

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
But, if you google frozen meals a ton of great sites come up
ImNotKarl
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I'm making freeze-ahead meals all weekend. I'm due in 25 days and want to be ready, as my husband won't get any time off to be home to help me.

I'm making spaghetti with meatballs, freezer breakfast burritos, pulled chicken, chicken stew that will also be made into shephard's pie that I will also freeze, chicken teriyaki stir fry, a pork roast, calabasita, chilli and cornbread, and marinated steaks that I can toss on the grill.

awilliamson
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I just made a HUGE pot of Wendy's chili. It only cost about $10 and made a ton!!

I plan to make a lasagna (don't bake, yet, just prepare).

Chicken stew. Soup. Etc. Lots of things freeze well.
brittany208
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I bought 3 stouffers family sized meals. 5$ for a yummy dinner with no prep or clean up--just throw it in the oven for an hour. I dont usually do prepackaged meals like this, but they are PERFECT for after baby.

i also made a double batch of macaroni casserole and 5 cheese ziti in the weeks before so i could freeze half. then, i just had to thaw it and throw it in the oven. no extra work at all, since i was already making them for dinner a couple weeks before.

buy and freeze some chicken legs. then, you can just set them down to thaw, sprinkle them with bbq seasoning and bbq sauce and throw in the crock pot til they are falling apart.

order a pizza.

casseroles are great. and pre-assembled crock pot meals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)