Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Scared to call the Doctor's office...

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'll start off by saying, I've been eating fine, and drinking a bunch of water.

I've been having dull back pain, and really bad hip pain all day. It hurts to walk, I feel like I'm going to split in two. So I've been laying down, and sitting with my feet up a lot. (I posted just a few days ago about having bad braxton hicks contractions)

Now... I'm having period like cramping, and I'm having increased CM that it on the watery side and white in color.

I feel like I need to call the doctor, but every time I do... The on call doctor always talks to me like I'm dumb... Does this sound serious?  

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I guess I'll try to take a bath, and see if that helps at all.  

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I would call the Dr. even if they talk to you like you're stupid. you have to ignore them. I think its our hormones that make it seem like they are talking to us worse than they really are. Or they could just be asses.. either way. you gotta ignore them and make sure you and baby are ok. :) GL

robbinbj
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Call, always call. If they talk down to you, tell them you're not a doctor you're a human being and its THEIR job to know and tell you, not vise versa.
tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I think they assume that because this is my second, I know everything. But I didn't have these problems with my son. And that was SIX years ago.  

Quoting robbinbj:

Call, always call. If they talk down to you, tell them you're not a doctor you're a human being and its THEIR job to know and tell you, not vise versa.

MalloryR
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Doctors tend to forget not everyone went to school for this stuff! It is their job to keep you informed. I would call, anyway. It is better to have a doctor be an ass, but tell you what's up than to not call and it end up being a serious issue. Hope all is well!
robbinbj
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM
6 years or 6 months, every pregnancy is different! I've noticed that doctors who are not OBs, men or women who have never experienced pregnancy, will often hold a lack of sympathy/understanding for our concerns as pregnant mommies. I would rather have to tell a dr they're an asshole, than not call and face a bad consequence. I mean, really, you can't win. Either you're asking a "stupid question," or you're being yelled at for not being seen sooner.

Quoting tammy_lynne:

I think they assume that because this is my second, I know everything. But I didn't have these problems with my son. And that was SIX years ago.  

Quoting robbinbj:

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM

F that doctor. Call L&D instead and talk to someone there. 

jenaree
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Don't worry what the Dr's think, their job is to help you through your pregnancy. Always call if you feel like you need to!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM

It sounds like you might benefit from going to the chiropractor. If you are concerned though, you should go in. Make an appointment with your doctor so you won't have to deal with the on call doc. And please, do complain about the on call doc. 

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Id call.

I call over everything lol.

Im having a lot more problems with this one then i did woth my first
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)