Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Why can't i eat subs during pregnancy?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 32 Replies

I am 18 weeks pregnant i ate a sub today from my favorite sub place where i live not subway. Now i hear you can't eat subs during pregnancy? Why i ate them a lot with my first. Ugh what can i eat lol? I been cravings subs so bad!

Pregnant with baby number two and mother to a five yr old princess <3 <3<3

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I ate subway almost everyday with DD2. If they are toasted they are "safe" I didn't always toast mine but I like them toasted so I usually did. 

Rushn311
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Because of the sandwich meat. It has to be steamed. I forget why.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I ate COLD subs with both pregnanies my kids are fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Cold cuts can make you sick. My theory about foods like that is stick to places you know and trust. I've heard the same thing about Chinese food and fish. If you've been going here for a while, you should be able to eat their food without being concerned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Corina1987
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Supposedly pregnant women aren't supposed to eat cold cuts. I ate them and my baby was fine.
RhondaVeggie
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
You can eat subs, just not deli meat.
midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

I ate subway almost everyday with DD2. If they are toasted they are "safe" I didn't always toast mine but I like them toasted so I usually did. 

Ya that is all i ate with my first. I never toasted it yuck that sounds nasty. I won't eat it anymore then i am not risking my child over food lol. I had a turkey and cheese sub.

brittany208
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

the reason you arent supposed to eat deli meat is because you dont know what kind of conditions its been in since it was originally cooked. it could have been cooked, then accidentally left out on the counter too long so germs are growing all over it. as long as you heat it up really hot before eating it, you should be fine.

although i completely skipped deli meat with my first pregnancy and ate it (uncooked) quite a few times in my second pregnancy bc i was craving it. It's one of those things that *could* happen, but if you stick to reputable places (ie not the gas station) you should be fine.

rjmac88
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Listeria
midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Quoting polkaspots:

Cold cuts can make you sick. My theory about foods like that is stick to places you know and trust. I've heard the same thing about Chinese food and fish. If you've been going here for a while, you should be able to eat their food without being concerned.

I known this place for yrs. They are so fresh that is why i eat there subs. But i won't eat them anymore if you aren't supposed to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)