Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

when are you telling your family and freinds?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ive told close family and a few friends im waiting till the second trimester to tell everyone else. when are you telling everyone?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM

We waited till 20 weeks because of our history of loss.

janieishappy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I just started my 2nd trimester today and today is when we told family and close friends :) It went great.

I plan on telling everyone else when I start a noticiable belly

Devious103102
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM

We told a few people earlier on (around 5wks) then family around 7-8wks and everyone else around 10wks. 

ChelseNichole
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

We've told close family so far....and work. and that's about it (im 5 weeks today). I debating I know it's kind of standard to wait 12 weeks....but i dont think I will be able to. Idk. I have my first doctors appt next week. 

gmoen1977
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM

i told a few close friends right away, mother and sister and one aunt last wednesday his mom and sister are about to find out tomorrow and when that happens I am spilling the beans to everyone else.  ill be 6.3 wks based on ultrasounds.

verito4422
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I am going to wait until 2-3 mts, because I have had misscariages before. Now just me and my husband know and Thurs I have an appt if everything looks find I will tell mom and dad

jenaree
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I actually just posted it to FB a few days ago and I am 21 weeks.

littlemamarisa
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I told only close family and my best friend who I wanted to be the god mother. I did not announce it to everyone else until I was in the safe zone... so around 13 weeks. Good luck!
victoriaherring
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I told my best friend and my favorite group here, and my husband told his friends at work the day we found out. We are waiting almost a month, possibly more, to tell family. We want to surprise them when we are all together and it'll be a while since we live pretty far.
CD_Eaton
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM

this is my problem im so happy and excited i want to tell everyone but ive had a miscarrage before and i want to have to explain that to everyone if it happens again

Quoting ChelseNichole:

We've told close family so far....and work. and that's about it (im 5 weeks today). I debating I know it's kind of standard to wait 12 weeks....but i dont think I will be able to. Idk. I have my first doctors appt next week. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN